2015 U. S. Open Cup

You're not mistaken, it was originally on the thecup.us as an either/or with NYCFC @ Cosmos, or Jersey Exp @ NYCFC on June 16
It was, which is why I thought they'd play it that day. I'll be at work the 17th won't be able to catch the game :(

We're probably going to risk a B squad's ACLs on shitty turf.
With a game against Montreal on the 13th and one with Toronto on the 20th, I'd be damned surprised if we didn't see more C squad than B's.

That's why I mentioned in a previous post these early round games are total sucker matches. If we win nobody blinks an eye because it's expected.......put your C Team out there and lose, oy. Same bull shit the Red Bulls had to face last season.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'd expect something like this (assuming fitness):
Johansen
Brovsky Facey Kwame Brandt
Poku Dunn McNamara
Alvarez Nemec Velasquez

Tickets will go on sale mañana. I also believe our full first team is not playing this game. NJ Red Cows played their second team against them last time they met. Turf sucks huh?

Meara
Facey Kwame Wingert Brandt
Shelton Poku McNamara Velazquez
Nemec McNamara

Three lines by NYC FC on it's site for the match, better known as, look at all the fucks I give about this match.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/05/28/new-york-city-fc-play-new-york-cosmos-us-open-cup-fourth-round

They haven't even sent an email out about this. Pretty clear that they don't give a rats ass about this game, and they'll probably field a B squad, which in our case is equivalent to a U7 youth team.

Still debating if I want to spend money on tickets, rush over there on a weekday in middle of rush hour on the LIE, just to see them field a shit team, and get their asses spanked by a lower division squad.

I bleed NYCFC blue like anyone else here, but I also don't wear rose-colored glasses. And this doesn't make me a fair-weather fan. I can deal with losing, but I can't deal with incompetence.

LOL. We're playing the Cosmos. It's a rival match. I'm going if we only fielded 9 players. Wow I cannot believe the negativity. We couldn't have asked for a better opportunity in our first year in existence than to play these guys.

Reactions: Seth
I bought tickets through the Cosmos. Looks like there weren't a lot of great seats available on the sidelines for the general public. I am in Section 27, right below the supporters. I'm a seat snob, so I'm not thrilled with the location (by the corner flag) but I'm happy to be going.

I plan on leaving the game post win and heading to Canz near Garden City.