2016 Adidas Gear & New Away Kit

Don't get all of the confusion of the away shirt changing colors. Almost all teams completely change the color scheme on their away gear from year to year. Also orange is in the NYC flag. Doesn't bother me if they use it in a larger role. Still hope someday we get to see a sky blue shirt with navy blue pin stripes someday...

Reactions: Goodfella
Thoughts on Everything:
1. Surprising no change at all to the primary kit. They'll remove that inaugural season patch at the bottom obviously. I understand that they're not changing the shade of blue, but even so other teams change the collar style. Despite all of this, I don't know what they could do differently than completely scrap this and start from the beginning.
2. I like the black kit and I wish they would keep it or slightly alter it and not just go with blue. But merchandise revenue is merchandise revenue and NYCFC and Adidas need more money to pay Poku. That being said, I hope the new secondary blue kit is a completely different design than the five diagonal stripes.
3. They need to incorporate orange better into the kits and on field wear. That anthem jacket looks terrible and it would be disrespectful to America to wear such a thing for national anthem.
4. They probably don't have sponsor on non-kit items because sponsorships can change when they publish the guide to when the kits are released.

Finally, hoping the design for the secondary kit is a skyline in the same way that Manchester City's new secondary kit features a blue moon because that is a beautiful kit.

Last edited:
why does the training shirt not have our sponsor on it? (NYP)

Are some of those contracts up for renewal/only 1 year? In the other photos, Chicago's jerseys and training shirts don't have the Quaker Oats man even though all of their kits/training tops have for awhile

I like the styling of the MC kits, especially with the collar. I'd do the same, but with our colors.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
We know the home kit is staying the same. We know there will be no third kit. We know the secondary kit is dark blue/navy. Let the photoshop creations begin.

We know the home kit is staying the same. We know there will be no third kit. We know the secondary kit is dark blue/navy. Let the photoshop creations begin.
ZnUZkah.jpg

I don't like the orange and the light blue work on this design.

The stripes will either be light blue or orange. Light blue because the current kits have the logo color match the stripe color. The orange because in the new warm up jacket the shoulder stripes are purple.

It will definitely have a new collar, I don't think they'll keep the orange pizza cutout that they have now.

I'm thinking that the back stipe on top of the name will be orange and that will match ends of the sleeves and jersey.

NYC FC makes Adidas publish next year's book now so fans will be looking forward to next season rather than be depressed about our current situation.