2017 Jersey Thread

Your Choice for the 2017 Primary Jersey Neckline...

• A

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • B

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • D

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters
I wonder when oversized baggy jerseys will come back in style?

10-san-jose-clash-1996-worst-soccer-uniforms-all-time-worst-football-kits-all-time.jpg

That color scheme will never come back in style.
Bad news:

crew.0.0.jpg

I have been convinced that the blue for white stripe swap was very likely (as LionNYC LionNYC and I discussed earlier thread) so wouldn't be shocked if this was it or close. I would prefer other collar options to a V, but overall it's in line with expectations and the introduction of a touch of orange would be a radical modification given what we would expect from the mothership.

Screenshot_2016-11-21-14-34-49.png

Here's the pic Mikey posted on Snapchat. After I screenshotted it he deleted it from his story. I felt bad so I deleted it off twitter but after my expansion draft tweet he hates me anyway. If the intern is reading this please don't snitch on him lol

That's the replica so it is a different fabric from the authentic.
OK. I know they use different fabric but that shit looks like straight up cotton and pretty heavy at that.

I wouldn't mind a switch to a more natural fiber though. The new Nike kits are sorta Flyknit-esque. I find it much more comfortable to play in.

Reactions: Ulrich

It's real. It has the correct logo, sponsor, MLS crest, fan voted neckline, and the tags when bought from the store. We usually don't have fake leaks in MLS when there's a physical photo of the kit rather than a design.

The V neck matches the current away jersey that will be in place for 2017. But that jersey has stripes down the side, this one has it on the shoulders. So not a fan of that difference.

And as JayH JayH noted, I, or we, were right about white to dark blue stripes similar to Man City 2014/15.

It's a fine jersey, nothing to complain about or be excited about. Enjoy it for 2017 and 2018.

I do think it will look better not thrown on a bed and in professional lighting. Just like the powerful and mighty hypnokit.

Last edited:
Here's a topic for discussion, what ridiculous marketing line with the club use to explain the orange stripe in the armbands?

Reactions: Kjbert