2017 MLS Preseason Thread

Interesting strategy in regards to roster development. And we're getting worked up about not having a DP3 for a few months...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid
It's interesting and maybe it'll work, but it's a huge gamble. If they start the season with an extended slide, everybody will point to this article when they label the Minnesota FO braintrust as being in over their heads. If they break even by the summer it'll be a massive achievement.

Reactions: adam
It's interesting and maybe it'll work, but it's a huge gamble. If they start the season with an extended slide, everybody will point to this article when they label the Minnesota FO braintrust as being in over their heads. If they break even by the summer it'll be a massive achievement.

Are you supposed to win it all in season one as an expansion team? Sounds like they want to see what they have with their youth. Then fill in the gaps as they see fit. At least a 2-3 year plan. Could have them where we are now, with a more linear trajectory. I would hope their fan base gives them time to see it through.

Are you supposed to win it all in season one as an expansion team? Sounds like they want to see what they have with their youth. Then fill in the gaps as they see fit. At least a 2-3 year plan. Could have them where we are now, with a more linear trajectory. I would hope their fan base gives them time to see it through.
Hardly, although Atlanta may think so, and Atlanta's GM was on Chicago's inaugural wunderteam.

As I said, if they break even by summer, they're doing very well. But if they're being overrun every game, this is going to look awfully foolish.