2017 U20 WC Roster Announced

Maybe work permit issues lead to City loaning him to us. Problem is that we would need to spend LOTS of Garber Bucks for his homegrown rights from SKC
Thought they only put in a claim. That claim could be challenged if he wanted to go somewhere else. Or something like that. He's never actually seriously contemplated going there afaik.

Anyway, point is, don't sign with them. And I think that tweet is entirely bullshit. This player is trending on twitter. This team is already doing lots of business. Let's put them together.

Stupid Poku to Barca type shit.

This would be a really dumbass move.

Don't care too much to see any American go to a club like that. And, work permit issues...
He needs playing time as soon as possible, and he definitely won't get it in Manchester. Provided we qualify for the WC, Arena is going to take him just like he took LD & Beasley in 2002.

Reactions: Fake Jew
He needs playing time as soon as possible, and he definitely won't get it in Manchester. Provided we qualify for the WC, Arena is going to take him just like he took LD & Beasley in 2002.

He and Pulisic could be 5 cycle players.

Thought they only put in a claim. That claim could be challenged if he wanted to go somewhere else. Or something like that. He's never actually seriously contemplated going there afaik.

Anyway, point is, don't sign with them. And I think that tweet is entirely bullshit. This player is trending on twitter. This team is already doing lots of business. Let's put them together.

Stupid Poku to Barca type shit.
Didn't he play for the Scott Gallagher FC? Are they affiliated with SKC or are they an independent academy (I know they are a USSoccer developmental academy/club)?

He and Pulisic could be 5 cycle players.
He and Puliscic could be scary developing together.

I really want Harrison to get his US citizenship - at the rate he's improving, he could really add a nice dimension to that attack with those two.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
That would be shocking to me, since Sargent won't even have the chance to play professionally until after Christmas. He could pull a Haji to Cosmos I guess.

But yeah, until I see a MC academy product come through and lock down a role, seems a sketchy proposition at best to go there as anything less than $50million signing.

The LFC stuff I listen to all says MCFC has the most talent of anyone in their own academy. They just spend so much no one ever gets on the field.

Reactions: Fake Jew
Despit
That would be shocking to me, since Sargent won't even have the chance to play professionally until after Christmas. He could pull a Haji to Cosmos I guess.

But yeah, until I see a MC academy product come through and lock down a role, seems a sketchy proposition at best to go there as anything less than $50million signing.

The LFC stuff I listen to all says MCFC has the most talent of anyone in their own academy. They just spend so much no one ever gets on the field.
Despite my previous comments I completely agree with you. Sargent is a special talent but if you see that Iheanacho isn't getting playing time you need to run far far away. This is also coming from a City fan.

http://www.thebluetestament.com/201...-city-claims-homegrown-rights-to-josh-sargent

Scott Gallagher are in Kansas City's homegrown territory so they have "dibs" but we can trade for those dibs if Man City loans him to us. Only problem is they might realize Man City is desprate to loan him out and command a shitload of garberbucks
Is SG simply in their territory or is it actually affiliated? We have a territory, but if the player isn't part of one of our affiliated clubs, we can't claim him.

http://www.thebluetestament.com/201...-city-claims-homegrown-rights-to-josh-sargent

Scott Gallagher are in Kansas City's homegrown territory so they have "dibs" but we can trade for those dibs if Man City loans him to us. Only problem is they might realize Man City is desprate to loan him out and command a shitload of garberbucks
I don't think that's how it would work. If Josh doesn't sign with SKC, then MLS certainly can't extract a fee.

So the FO is going to tell a club in another league where they can loan their players? Unlikely. Even if the rules allowed for it, it's unenforceable from a practical perspective.

Is SG simply in their territory or is it actually affiliated? We have a territory, but if the player isn't part of one of our affiliated clubs, we can't claim him.
Territory. And yes, we can. It just doesn't really mean anything. (Meaning it binds the clubs a bit, but not the player. I think of it like "not recruiting transfers" in college.)

All of this is what I think I know. Could be wrong.

According to the article since Missouri is SKC territory and no other team expressed interest they were able to claim his rights.

Territory. And yes, we can. It just doesn't really mean anything.

All of this is what I think I know. Could be wrong.
We can't claim a player is HG just because they played for a non-affiliated club in our territory. NYCFC has to contribute in some way to their development. That's why we didn't get Harrison as a HG - we didn't develop him

We can't claim a player is HG just because they played for a non-affiliated club in our territory. NYCFC has to contribute in some way to their development. That's why we didn't get Harrison as a HG - we didn't develop him
I'll give you the exact quote. These aren't my words:
"MLS teams can submit claims on players from within their territory even if the player did not play for their Academy. Sporting Kansas City put in a claim and no other MLS teams had an interest at that time so SKC now has his rights."

What he says. That's what I mean. If you don't play or train or sign with them, to what end does the claim exist? It's only cock blocking
"MLS teams can submit claims on players from within their territory even if the player did not play for their Academy. Sporting Kansas City put in a claim and no other MLS teams had an interest at that time so SKC now has his rights."

What he says. That's what I mean. If you don't play or train or sign with them, to what end does the claim exist? It's only cock blocking
I agree that these claims are bullshit especially since we had as much of a right to sign Harrison as a HG as ATL were allowed to sign Carlton. But what can we do about it rules are rules at the end of the day.

They can claim his rights, but he's not HG because he hasn't trained with them. In a way, it's akin to backdating a document. JS could say no way, I don't want to play for SKC but I do want to play in MLS, and go through the draft if he wanted. Or he could say he wants to play for NYCFC, we'd have to obtain his rights for probably GAM/TAM, and then JS would have to join our academy for a year in order to be HG. But until he trains for a year with whichever team, it's a moot point.