2018 Roster Discussion

I’m not sure if any team has had the sheer number of NT players that we’ve had. That said, we have been totally snakebit by NT duty, it’d be comical if we were fans of another team.

So last year the following players got hurt on national team duty (I think):
Villa
Ring
Herrera
Wallace
Matarrita

And Ring is already injured again on the first int’l break (and Matarrita got injured before he even got a chance to get injured on the break). It’s unbelievable.

Villa
Ring
Herrera
Wallace
Matarrita

And Ring is already injured again on the first int’l break (and Matarrita got injured before he even got a chance to get injured on the break). It’s unbelievable.

im starting to think mata is just mata...not necessarily NT duty

i forgot herrera was injured i thought it was more because he was out due to the U20 WC

Seriously. Has there EVER been a team that has suffered as many injuries as NYCFC over the last year and a half due to international duty? It’s like every freaking player comes back injured. F me.
I was warning everyone about this shit.

I watched England utterly break Sturridge. I hate national team games, period.

Villa
Ring
Herrera
Wallace
Matarrita

And Chanot

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert
http://www.iltalehti.fi/jalkapallo/201803222200831436_jp.shtml

This is all I found. Terrible Google Translation:

Jere Uronen became ill. Alexander Ring hurt his knees in the practice of dungeoning. Ring wanted to return to the field to try his knee but head coach Markku Kanerva denied.

Kanerva thought that it was not a serious injury, such as a break in the throat.

The ring was bad. He flew from New York to Belek only for the Macedonian match. Now is the way back.

Finland meets with Malta on Monday in Belek.

That’s it. No more dungeoning on international break!

Villa
Ring
Herrera
Wallace
Matarrita

And Chanot

...and Camargo had a season ending hip fracture while on international duty.

Jeez Camargo. Rarely played for NYCFC, had like 1 goal, when on a tear during the Gold Cup, then that brutal injury. Never got to see him again. The loan ended. We didn't opt to buy.

And he is now playing for a midtable team in the Peruvian league, so he isn't exactly setting the world on fire IMHO

I know nobody keeps stats on this, but seven players injured on int’l duty in a single season? That’s got to be some kind of (awful) record.
Lol. I wish this weren’t the norm.

What we’ll all find out together is national team coaches and physios don’t do shit for the players except wreck them.

The best you can hope for is a front office effective at negotiating your players out of call-ups when necessary or at least getting commitments to their training and playing limits.

Sadly, our physios can’t seem to even manage the players when here. So I will maintain my doubts.

ETA: well fuck: Joe Gomez left after 6 minutes for England. The 3 lions continuing to burn Merseyside

Last edited:
NYCFC saving transfer fee funds for later this season
. . . Per league rules, MLS and NYCFC split the [Harrison] transfer fee and NYCFC takes $750,000 from its portion which becomes general allocation money, essentially money used to free up cap space. Even with NYCFC’s numerous additions this offseason, that allocation money is still around, according to Sporting Director Claudio Reyna.

“It’s sitting there,” Reyna told The Post earlier this week. “We could add a player, but we’re not in any rush to do that given where we are with our squad. We feel good and will see how the next couple of months shape out. If we want to add someone, it’s likely going to be in the summer. But we’re very happy with our squad.”
https://nypost.com/2018/03/24/nycfc-saving-transfer-fee-funds-for-later-this-season/

Reactions: Kjbert