2018 Roster Discussion

He shoulda maybe said “Fam, I’m excited to be an NYCFC fan working for CFG in the US”
Blud work for Arsenal Fan TV, rite br8?

Seriously. What the actual fuck is going on with management of our club?

CFG can’t do anything off the field right when it comes to seeming to be a real club. It’s so pitiful and trite and embarrassing.

Blud work for Arsenal Fan TV, rite br8?

Seriously. What the actual fuck is going on with management of our club?

CFG can’t do anything off the field right when it comes to seeming to be a real club. It’s so pitiful and trite and embarrassing.
Their community thing which I haven't visited in probably 18 months is run out of Manchester. Our digital team is headed by a Man City fan from England. Why the effing hell did they just hire a Man City fan from Washington fucking DC to be a photographer? I looked at his website. His portfolio is thin (at least what he has online). His skills are dubious. He has at least one concert photo where the mic is in focus and the singer's face is blurry. I would be embarrassed to post such a thing except as a "oops, look what happened" self-deprecating joke. His eye is so-so. I know a few dozen photographers in NYC with better portfolios. I'm certain they could have found a better local hire and maybe even one who is a NYCFC fan.

Their community thing which I haven't visited in probably 18 months is run out of Manchester. Our digital team is headed by a Man City fan from England. Why the effing hell did they just hire a Man City fan from Washington fucking DC to be a photographer? I looked at his website. His portfolio is thin (at least what he has online). His skills are dubious. He has at least one concert photo where the mic is in focus and the singer's face is blurry. I would be embarrassed to post such a thing except as a "oops, look what happened" self-deprecating joke. His eye is so-so. I know a few dozen photographers in NYC with better portfolios. I'm certain they could have found a better local hire and maybe even one who is a NYCFC fan.
Or just Ethan White.

It’s pandemic organizationally.

I’d never proclaim to know what MCFC fans actually feel, but if you step away from the blue moon crwod, there are apparently a significant number of MCFC long-timers who look at CFG as an unwanted blessing.

I mean, it’s easy to complain when you win. But the complainants’ point seems be that they didn’t ask for the watering down of their club with lots of money, the new stadium with no character, the shitty corporate deals, etc. it’s only made the club worse to follow in their opinions.

I mean, there are the the #fsgout crowd with LFC, but I think they have slightly different complaints. Also, the club was bankrupt before fsg, so not much there that would have continued.

CFG has a masterful operating plan for football, it seems. But they are neophytes when it comes to understanding supporters as people.

I don’t know how you can spend so much and literally hire no one who gives a shit about people.

There’s a reason they don’t leap up the global fan base numbers like you’d expect for a team that wins so much. And there’s a reason visiting fans get more than their share of tickets even at the Etihad.

Again, my complaint isn’t about the management or spending for on-field/footballing resources. They are just out of touch with people like most all of us right here on this forum.

Last edited:
Based on your critique of his work, he wasn’t the first choice because I highly suspect that the salary isn’t that great, and any local NY’er would have turned it down.

Based on your critique of his work, he wasn’t the first choice because I highly suspect that the salary isn’t that great, and any local NY’er would have turned it down.
Based on his Twitter, I think his wife has a job opportunity in NY. Might be they only need him to make a supplemental income.

It’s pandemic organizationally.

I’d never proclaim to know what MCFC fans actually feel, but if you step away from the blue moon crwod, there are apparently a significant number of MCFC long-timers who look at CFG as an unwanted blessing.

I mean, it’s easy to complain when you win. But the complainants’ point seems be that they didn’t ask for the watering down of their club with lots of money, the new stadium with no character, the shitty corporate deals, etc. it’s only made the club worse to follow in their opinions.

I mean, there are the the #fsgout crowd with LFC, but I think they have slightly different complaints. Also, the club was bankrupt before fsg, so not much there that would have continued.

CFG has a masterful operating plan for football, it seems. But they are neophytes when it comes to understanding supporters as people.

I don’t know how you can spend so much and literally hire no one who gives a shit about people.

There’s a reason they don’t leap up the global fan base numbers like you’d expect for a team that wins so much. And there’s a reason visiting fans get more than their share of tickets even at the Etihad.

Again, my complaint isn’t about the management or spending for on-field/footballing resources. They are just out of touch with people like most all of us right here on this forum.
The really odd part for me is that they do most of the things they are supposed to do to engage and such, but it still misses, and it's not just that it comes off as too reserved or corporate. Because lots of companies and clubs pull it off. It's like an Invasion of the Body Snatchers thing, where you realize that's not Bob, but you can't say why. He's just off, and you know it's not Bob even though he has all the usual markings of Bob. He looks like Bob, he sounds like Bob, he has Bob's memories, but it's not Bob. Here the club has an active social media team, provides lots of content, has fan events, and community charitable work, and all the usual things a club or company should do to connect, and you look at it and wonder why the fuck is it not working right. What happened to Bob?

Was he hired to be a photographer? He just said he would be doing social and digital media.

The really odd part for me is that they do most of the things they are supposed to do to engage and such, but it still misses, and it's not just that it comes off as too reserved or corporate. Because lots of companies and clubs pull it off. It's like an Invasion of the Body Snatchers thing, where you realize that's not Bob, but you can't say why. He's just off, and you know it's not Bob even though he has all the usual markings of Bob. He looks like Bob, he sounds like Bob, he has Bob's memories, but it's not Bob. Here the club has an active social media team, provides lots of content, has fan events, and community charitable work, and all the usual things a club or company should do to connect, and you look at it and wonder why the fuck is it not working right. What happened to Bob?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Was he hired to be a photographer? He just said he would be doing social and digital media.
Digital content for social media is photo and video, AFAIK. And if you go to his website it's all about his photography. I'm making an inference here but it makes sense, I think.

Digital content for social media is photo and video, AFAIK. And if you go to his website it's all about his photography. I'm making an inference here but it makes sense, I think.
I say we go with it because it’s a fun thing to bitch about.

May 14
Mata will play all 3 group games in the WC and pull a muscle in the last ten minutes of Costa Rica’s final game and be out for six weeks
Is it wrong that I found myself sort of hoping he'd get injured during the pre-WC friendly period, to start the inevitable recovery period ASAP?
June 14
In case anyone couldn't tell, this says Mata's out of the World Cup for two weeks with an injury. I feel awful for him.

Sigh.