2018 Schedule

Agreed and understood. Based upon my meeting with the FO I think they bank on travel time to matches for most fans being about or less than an hour. So maybe they thought a 5pm kickoff was late enough to keep players out of high afternoon temps but early enough for commuting fans based upon their proposed travel time metrics.

I hear you. Assuming an hour commute (fair), if you have kids, chances are you need to get home by 8 to have a chance at your bedtime routine. 5 is cutting it close. But 6 PM on Sundays is stupid.

Reactions: Ulrich
the number of weekday games this year is not too far off compared to previous seasons, if you count Friday night games:

Wed 1
Thu 2
Fri 1

Wed 1
Thu 2
Fri 2

Wed 3
Thu 1

Wed 5

Friday night is a weeknight. Can't count Friday night games. No one has anywhere to be on Saturday morning, unless you're a professional Caddy

There's something about those matches under the lights at Yankee Stadium when the sky above is dark.

I love our night games.
giphy.gif

Front Office response: It's the 4th year, aren't they grown up enough to come to night games now? Can't they use the subway on their own?

I guess I'm not a master of karate...

There's something about those matches under the lights at Yankee Stadium when the sky above is dark.

I love our night games.
giphy.gif

Front Office response: It's the 4th year, aren't they grown up enough to come to night games now? Can't they use the subway on their own?

Especially if they keep using those goal celebrations with the lights. Really adds to the atmosphere.

Especially if they keep using those goal celebrations with the lights. Really adds to the atmosphere.

I think that's very cool too, and I do like night games, but only in moderation. Without being able to bring the kids, I am going to unload a lot of those tickets.

Worth noting that we draw the most fans to weekend day games.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
MLB Postseason schedule is released in early February.

Please god, no rain outs this year at home for the New York Yankees. And figure out something with their potential postseason run and our last game of the regular season and potential playoff run so that it all works out. Praise be.

Last edited:
With older kids who can stay up later, I am not affected by weeknight games during the summer. But the 3 in April September and September mean no kids. I'm also probably better served by weekend games in the evening or night given their schedules and weekend activities, though I'm quite sympathetic to those for whom this is a problem.

MLB Postseason schedule is released in early February.

Please god, no rain outs this year at home for the New York Yankees. And figure out something with their potential postseason run and out last game of the regular season and potential playoff run so that it all works out. Praise be.

Considering what you’re praying for, you must mean Bless the Rains.

Since weekday travel is a little easier for me coming up from Virginia, I'm excited about that Wednesday Derby. Planning on coming up for that one, which will be my first Derby. Another Villa hat-trick?

As LionNYC LionNYC pointed out, there is an interesting two game road stand where we play Thursday night at Orlando, and then just 3 days later Sunday night at Seattle.

I'm guessing we'll be using a charter for that road trip.
I’m not sure about that. It’s an 8pm game. Let’s just say they left Orlando at 11pm, that puts them into Seattle around 2am, vs. just taking a morning commercial flight after having rested and arriving around 10am Seattle time, and allowing us to keep those charters for the playoffs.

Reactions: Kjbert