2018 Season Ticket Thread

i dont think i am. Its not included if they wont want it to be included. What we are paying for is tickets to our seats. Nowhere is there a guarantee what we will get a free gift. If they didnt include the gift, do you think theyd lower the price of our tickets 20-30 bucks or whatever the gift costs? I dont think so. But now i think were just talking semantics

If it doesn’t influence anyone and it costs them money why are they doing it and not just sending the cards in a regular envelope or going full digital?

Reactions: FredMertz
i dont think i am. Its not included if they wont want it to be included. What we are paying for is tickets to our seats. Nowhere is there a guarantee what we will get a free gift. If they didnt include the gift, do you think theyd lower the price of our tickets 20-30 bucks or whatever the gift costs? I dont think so. But now i think were just talking semantics

If you get stale chips at a Mexican restaurant, do you not ask for new chips because they didn't explicitly charge for them? It was just a gift and you should accept them, right?

You don't explicitly pay for restroom services at the stadium, but you'd complain if they didn't work, right?

Sending the gifts are part of customer service, an implied part of the services we explicitly pay for. Would I cancel my tickets if I didn't like the gifts? No, because I don't like the gifts and haven't cancelled my tickets. But to say that it's unreasonable to express a preference is silly.

Your just taking the other side for sh*ts and giggles, right?

If it doesn’t influence anyone and it costs them money why are they doing it and not just sending the cards in a regular envelope or going full digital?
One thing I’d really love is a digital seasoncard I could just download to apple wallet on my iPhone, so it wouldn’t matter if I forgot my physical seasoncard at home. Instead I have to add the digital ticket each time to my phone, but STILL bring the seasoncard to take advantage of the concession discounts at the stadium.

If you get stale chips at a Mexican restaurant, do you not ask for new chips because they didn't explicitly charge for them? It was just a gift and you should accept them, right?

You don't explicitly pay for restroom services at the stadium, but you'd complain if they didn't work, right?

Sending the gifts are part of customer service, an implied part of the services we explicitly pay for. Would I cancel my tickets if I didn't like the gifts? No, because I don't like the gifts and haven't cancelled my tickets. But to say that it's unreasonable to express a preference is silly.

Your just taking the other side for sh*ts and giggles, right?

nah i just honestly couldnt care less about a meaningless gift. if they sent me just my season ticket card id be just as happy. Anything extra i get is a bonus for me. You dont have to agree with me, thats just my point of view. If you want to get salty that a scarf isnt up to par with what you wanted thats your prerogative.

One thing I’d really love is a digital seasoncard I could just download to apple wallet on my iPhone, so it wouldn’t matter if I forgot my physical seasoncard at home. Instead I have to add the digital ticket each time to my phone, but STILL bring the seasoncard to take advantage of the concession discounts at the stadium.
Try the Yankee Stadium app. It worked like that last year.

i swear its only people on this message board that really go on complaining on a season ticket holder gift....i dont even see this stuff on reddit

Reactions: Christopher Jee
ive seen it on reddit and all over the facebook supporters pages

really? i dont check nycfc reddit often ill have a look.

jeez man then it must not be on my circle of season ticket holders. or others that i know but man no gets complaining like here. We all crack a joke or so say yea that bag sucks or yea another scarf i can give away but im not like "oh its shit gift im not going to renew anymore" ...like jeez people relax

im here for the games and the people ive met and other fellow footy fans that travel as well, the chance to see a player every now and then at events, thats what im buying in for.

EDIT: Oh yea and for a nyc based team that i never really had.

really? i dont check nycfc reddit often ill have a look.

jeez man then it must not be on my circle of season ticket holders. or others that i know but man no gets complaining like here. We all crack a joke or so say yea that bag sucks or yea another scarf i can give away but im not like "oh its shit gift im not going to renew anymore" ...like jeez people relax

im here for the games and the people ive met and other fellow footy fans that travel as well, the chance to see a player every now and then at events, thats what im buying in for.

EDIT: Oh yea and for a nyc based team that i never really had.
And here we have another classic straw man argument.

Where exactly did anyone say they that they weren't going to renew their tickets because of the STH gift not being good enough?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
And here we have another classic straw man argument.

Where exactly did anyone say they that they weren't going to renew their tickets because of the STH gift not being good enough?

They could send you the plastic ticket stuffed in a white envelope regular mail. Instead they’re spending something having a nice box assembled with things of various cost and merit inside and paying to FedEx it to you. Whatever that costs is part of the season ticket program, so in a larger sense we are paying for our gift.

Tchotchkes might seem like they couldn’t make a difference but for people making a close decision on tickets they certainly could. The effect is somewhere between nothing and something but I think it’s further from nothing than you’re giving credit.

there is alluding to it.

they way people are complaining its as if THIS is what can determine if people want the ST or not.....not the signings not on field product not the price or lack of stadium but this gift.

so you have all been mad for four years ? will you continue to get mad going forward because of this gift? i just dont know what people want, i get no scarf but what instead? we are not getting US open cup tickets because of venue. Playoffs? sure i guess but as others mentioned if we dont get to playoffs we paid extra for those tickets and not really get them.

im worn out from this. you guys can feel free to carry on but this is my last comment on it. We're just going in circles.
It really doesn't appear that its going in circles.

All FredMertz FredMertz has said is that these season ticket holder gifts aren't free, that they are included as part of the package (most likely really as a way for the club to creatively, get its members to market it - i.e., free bags, scarfs, other things you would display in public) and he said it does not appear as though the perception of these included items would turn anyone away from buying season tickets.

It really doesn't appear that its going in circles.

All FredMertz FredMertz has said is that these season ticket holder gifts aren't free, that they are included as part of the package (most likely really as a way for the club to creatively, get its members to market it - i.e., free bags, scarfs, other things you would display in public) and he said it does not appear as though the perception of these included items would turn anyone away from buying season tickets.

that same point was made at the top of page 26 we are now at the bottom of page 29. Either way the rest of you can feel free to carry on about it.

and im on the opposite end of the spectrum where i dont think i should dictate what "free" gift somebody gives.

This isn’t free. They just call it free. The cost of this stuff is built into the ticket prices and the team should care even if you don’t. Why? Cause they are hemorrhaging season tix holders and while some of that is expected, they have no guarantee it will stop.

I don’t care what’s in the box but people that do have legitimate reason- they paid for it and they are members of the group that keep this club alive. The minute CFG thinks they are indispensable, this city will remind of their reality.

I went to one of the Patricof meets a few weeks ago. FWIW the club reps are cautiously optimistic that people will like the STH package this year. Had the sense that they felt like they’d been burned before — I guess they were surprised when people didn’t love the MetroCard holder — but this time they think they got it right.

I went to one of the Patricof meets a few weeks ago. FWIW the club reps are cautiously optimistic that people will like the STH package this year. Had the sense that they felt like they’d been burned before — I guess they were surprised when people didn’t love the MetroCard holder — but this time they think they got it right.

You mean my laundry card & beach pass holder on my fridge? Love those