2018 Season Ticket Thread

These entertainment expenses are no longer deductible under the new tax law

Really? Even if purchased with company card for entertaining clients?

giphy.gif

Really? Even if purchased with company card for entertaining clients?

giphy.gif
Yup, they did away with it under trumps new tax plan. Meals are still deductible but entertainment is not.
Hold on, if they are purchased through a corporate card, why are you asking if they are tax-deductible? Shouldn't they just be expensed to your company and it never hits your account?

That would just end up hitting your company's bottom line but there should be no effect at all on your taxes.

Unless I am misunderstanding something here.

Hold on, if they are purchased through a corporate card, why are you asking if they are tax-deductible? Shouldn't they just be expensed to your company and it never hits your account?

That would just end up hitting your company's bottom line but there should be no effect at all on your taxes.

Unless I am misunderstanding something here.
In my case my business credit and debit cards are for *my* business, that I own. And that business is a pass-through entity, so whatever I use those cards for is a business expense.

Same. #selfemployed

You pick immediately deliverable, as you can deliver them (via e-mail through the Ticketmaster account) as soon as they are sold.

"Transfer later" is for when you don't actually have (or have access to) the tickets yet -- for example, sometimes Ticketmaster doesn't release PDFs for a couple of weeks after the sales in order to try and bump people who exceeded limits.
Thanks! That's helpful. So, we are able to transfer any tickets throughout the season already (e.g., today, I could transfer the tickets to the last game of season if I wanted to)? Aka there's no delay like there was with PDFs that we could only get like 2 weeks before game. That right?

Thanks! That's helpful. So, we are able to transfer any tickets throughout the season already (e.g., today, I could transfer the tickets to the last game of season if I wanted to)? Aka there's no delay like there was with PDFs that we could only get like 2 weeks before game. That right?
Correct.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD
Just sold my tickets through SH. Got double face (almost). They gave me an email of the buyer and it was easy to transfer to him on account manager. Then I had to go back into SH (on a desktop) and enter the email again to confirm I sent the tickets. Now I wait to get paid....

Anyone know how I get my 5% back from the club? Who’s tracking that shit? Do I have to submit an invoice?
just sold mine yesterday, a little less then face after fees (above before). I did the whole BS transfer process and I am saving each email in a special folder so i don't lose anything. I am not losing that fucking 5%. Fucking rebate systems are all about you losing paperwork so you can't cash in. It's the tackiest thing you can do. Really trash move from the club. I mean I'm a trash fan cause I sell all my tickets, but for you real diehard fans who need to sell a few tickets this is classless from the team.

The one nice thing for me is I am going to have a lot of email addresses of known purchasers to spam and say hey you bought tickets from me before, how about we cut out the middleman (and uncle Sam) and transact at mid price? I can't believe someone thought giving away personal contact information was going to be a good system. What fucking morons.

The one nice thing for me is I am going to have a lot of email addresses of known purchasers to spam and say hey you bought tickets from me before, how about we cut out the middleman (and uncle Sam) and transact at mid price? I can't believe someone thought giving away personal contact information was going to be a good system. What fucking morons.
This is astonishing to me. I wouldn't want any seller to have my direct email address, much less a freak with a dog head.

just sold mine yesterday, a little less then face after fees (above before). I did the whole BS transfer process and I am saving each email in a special folder so i don't lose anything. I am not losing that fucking 5%. Fucking rebate systems are all about you losing paperwork so you can't cash in. It's the tackiest thing you can do. Really trash move from the club. I mean I'm a trash fan cause I sell all my tickets, but for you real diehard fans who need to sell a few tickets this is classless from the team.

If you spam past buyers you run the risk of getting the boot from Stubhub. Also, not cool at all.

Reactions: Christopher Jee