2018 Season Ticket Thread

The problem is the unlimited capacity at YS. They screw us over by opening up sections for Red Bulls matches. If they're going to cap tickets at 26k or whatever it is now, they should stick with it.

I think they should close off some sections like the Delta suites because they're so far from the field but I know they're not going to give up that cash cow. Though it's usually empty. I appreciated that they closed up the field level behind home plate. Only problem is what else can you close without it looking completely empty?

We’ve had this discussion before. It’s why Citi is so much better suited for soccer. Based on the seating chart last season, if they also open up the clubs and suites were looking at around 22,000. And all the regular seats are on the field level (17,300). Much more intimate & loud and no section other than the 2 uppers need to be closed off so it’s not so awkward looking like tarping behind home plate. I mean even that overhang for the SS was amazing the echo the noise. Look how spread out and layered YS is in comparison.

EDIT: and sideline corner section is perfect to keep away fans apart and not throw shit on us from above.

D008240D-F1B8-4DB6-9AA6-8DE4BC5B38F3.png DD315A7D-99B9-4A5B-8367-386B817BFC9B.jpeg 19005E02-C2A5-46D0-905E-E98EEC108F6A.jpeg B5F04D06-EFDE-401E-A972-326278238BC4.png

Last edited:
Just going to the game in the same seat every time is worth it for me. It feels comfy. I couldn't care less about any other incentives the club gives. I pay for the seats, I get them -- that's plenty.

I go to nearly every game and I still feel this way cause i’m fairly sure i can buy current seats every game for less than I am paying as a season ticket holder.

We’ve had this discussion before. It’s why Citi is so much better suited for soccer. Based on the seating chart last season, if they also open up the clubs and suites were looking at around 22,000. And all the regular seats are on the field level (17,300). Much more intimate & loud and no section other than the 2 uppers need to be closed off so it’s not so awkward looking like tarping behind home plate. I mean even that overhang for the SS was amazing the echo the noise. Look how spread out and layered YS is in comparison.

EDIT: and sideline corner section is perfect to keep away fans apart and not throw shit on us from above.

View attachment 8704 View attachment 8705 View attachment 8706 View attachment 8707

Agreed. Citi Field worked better. (And the pregame tailgates kick ass too!)

The whole point of season tickets is to provide the product to us fans in bulk, giving the club a guaranteed chunk of revenue. The trade off they offer for that is we get the product at a lower rate than if we were to go one at a time... kind of like wholesale vs individual sales of goods.

The models makes no goddamn sense right now cause individual sales are cheaper than bulk sales (ie season tickets). So why should we pay upfront for the product? Would you pay for a 6 pack of laundry detergent if each bottle in the 6 pack is more expensive than a single bottle?

Basically, season tickets here are a fucking scam and cityzens points don’t mean a damn thing. They need to fix this, even if it costs them a bit of revenue.

Seems like most people including adam adam got it so I’m okay with that

Either way pretty sure it’s cleared up now
I think the fact that you responded to Adam, addressed his situation in one sentence, then the rest of the long paragraph was critical of others, was prone to being misread. I had to read the post twice to see what you did because somehow it was confusing even though the actual text you wrote was reasonably clear.

Reactions: FredMertz
I think the fact that you responded to Adam, addressed his situation in one sentence, then the rest of the long paragraph was critical of others, was prone to being misread. I had to read the post twice to see what you did because somehow it was confusing even though the actual text you wrote was reasonably clear.

Maybe idk. My “lazy” writing seems to get me in trouble on here.

I don’t know how to embed a tweet, so here’s just a screen cap I grabbed. Another FU to anyone who has tickets listed on stub hub for this weekend

Attachments

• AF51301F-CC93-451B-9AE4-FB0211E6C551.png
    AF51301F-CC93-451B-9AE4-FB0211E6C551.png
    407.6 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I don’t know how to embed a tweet, so here’s just a screen cap I grabbed. Another FU to anyone who has tickets listed on stub hub for this weekend
Has anyone ever asked how NYCFC fits into the MLS deal with Seat Geek? Apart from this promo, if you click the "TICKETS" link on any NYCFC game on the MLS website, it takes to either to nycfc.com to Buy Direct, or SeatGeek to Buy from Fans. Since I almost never sell I don't care enough to make an issue of this, but the league is directly undermining the team's StubHub marketplace.

Also, to embed a tweet just paste the direct link for the tweet into the post body and the forum software magically converts it, just like it does with youtube links.

I emailed my rep about this, it's ridiculous.

I also emailed seat geek. I'm thinking if I can upload my e-ticket that prints out for my apple wallet with the QR code as a pdf, if that would be acceptable for them to sell.

Reactions: Ulrich

Why I am spending more money for tix as a season ticket member? I’m getting punished for buying in bulk.

Reactions: adam
Also, those who drive in are paying $40+ to park. That's more than you can get 2 good tickets for.

Reactions: LionNYC
Seatgeek signed a league wide deal a couple years ago. I'm assuming the deal exempted us in some way as we need to share infrastructure with the yankees.

Seatgeek signed a league wide deal a couple years ago. I'm assuming the deal exempted us in some way as we need to share infrastructure with the yankees.

So i actually had a nice call with seat geek today. Unfortunately, you can only upload tickets with horizontal bar codes, not QR codes. So my plan didn’t work. But he did mention they have a mobile ticket plan, much like the one we have with Stubhub for a number of MLS teams. He mentioned the Sounders specifically. But he did see it as odd that the club won’t issue us PDFs is we ask for them. Or that you can purchase tickets directly Ticketmaster while we have to only sell through stubhub.

Oh and my rep? She said I probably will have a hard time selling, so I should tradein instead. I asked if I’ll get 1st row if I trade in, we all know that answer.

I’m at the point where if the club was working with me to put in place ways to help sell my tickets, I’d feel better about this. But that the club makes it harder for me as a STH to sell is pure chutzpah. I’m not sure the market isn’t there for me to sell my tickets at face value. I’ve done it in years past without issue. The club (or yankees) are what’s costing me money and it pisses me off.

So i actually had a nice call with seat geek today. Unfortunately, you can only upload tickets with horizontal bar codes, not QR codes. So my plan didn’t work. But he did mention they have a mobile ticket plan, much like the one we have with Stubhub for a number of MLS teams. He mentioned the Sounders specifically. But he did see it as odd that the club won’t issue us PDFs is we ask for them. Or that you can purchase tickets directly Ticketmaster while we have to only sell through stubhub.

Oh and my rep? She said I probably will have a hard time selling, so I should tradein instead. I asked if I’ll get 1st row if I trade in, we all know that answer.

I’m at the point where if the club was working with me to put in place ways to help sell my tickets, I’d feel better about this. But that the club makes it harder for me as a STH to sell is pure chutzpah. I’m not sure the market isn’t there for me to sell my tickets at face value. I’ve done it in years past without issue. The club (or yankees) are what’s costing me money and it pisses me off.
The only reason I got tickets was the brick thing to be honest. It would of been awesome having my name on the stadium one day. This past off season I realized that wouldn’t be anytime soon. When I also realized that the club seemed to be making it more difficult to resell I opted out as it was no longer worth the headache and the stadium was no where in sight.
In the past I was basically just offsetting the ticket value by reselling and holding my place in line. It was incredible easy and I could do it in any website. Not the case anymore.