2018 Season Ticket Thread

Really? StubHub sells better than Ticketmaster. Plus in my eyes. My question is can we still get account credit w SH? I’m come to enjoy taking that option and then just paying less for my STs the next season.
Complainers gonna complain.

Reactions: adam
I can’t find any statement in the email or website as to whether the STH resale fee discount will continue, and if so what the details are. Anyone else see it? Am I missing something? I would actually guess some discount will continue but it is odd not to say so.

Reactions: adam
I can’t find any statement in the email or website as to whether the STH resale fee discount will continue, and if so what the details are. Anyone else see it? Am I missing something? I would actually guess some discount will continue but it is odd not to say so.
I believe the Yankees’ discount is down to 5% but not sure this would also apply to Nycfc. This is a good move for us though, Stubhub is much better for moving tickets than Ticketmaster exchange

Account manager still says powered by ticketmaster and selling is currently not an option

27901263_10103422288912657_1502536141_o.png

Fully expected to find 47 new posts complaining about this.
Just so you're not disappointed - doesn't this generally mean we'll get less for out tickets, which will cost more?

The spread on Ticketmaster was lower, meaning buyers paid less and sellers got more.

I wonder what this means for TicketsNow, which I think has a deal with MLS and had a lot of resale volume last year.

Overall, I think this should be a positive, because now there will be one site with all the tickets getting sold - you don't have to worry that your tickets on Ticketmaster will get overlooked by a potential buyer who is only looking at StubHub.

Of course, if they are doing this to increase the commission on season ticket holders, that will suck. I am already having to sell a lot more this year because of all the late kickoffs.

I wonder what this means for TicketsNow, which I think has a deal with MLS and had a lot of resale volume last year.

Overall, I think this should be a positive, because now there will be one site with all the tickets getting sold - you don't have to worry that your tickets on Ticketmaster will get overlooked by a potential buyer who is only looking at StubHub.

Of course, if they are doing this to increase the commission on season ticket holders, that will suck. I am already having to sell a lot more this year because of all the late kickoffs.
Ticketsnow is Ticketmaster

Account manager still says powered by ticketmaster and selling is currently not an option

27901263_10103422288912657_1502536141_o.png
Account manager is always powered by Ticketmaster, and will continue to be powered by Ticketmaster. This function will show when you click the Sell Tickets button within the game inside the account manager. Instead of showing the ticket exchange screen, it’ll open Stubhub and you’ll be able to sell your tickets there

Just so you're not disappointed - doesn't this generally mean we'll get less for out tickets, which will cost more?

The spread on Ticketmaster was lower, meaning buyers paid less and sellers got more.
Depends on if there’s a specific deal made between nycfc and Stubhub, if they agreed on a lower commission percentage. That’s what the Yankees did when they implemented this.

The upside here is you’re getting a wider customer base here for sure... many more people use Stubhub over Ticketmaster Exchange. Should mean you can get a bit more for your tickets.

Depends on if there’s a specific deal made between nycfc and Stubhub, if they agreed on a lower commission percentage. That’s what the Yankees did when they implemented this.

The upside here is you’re getting a wider customer base here for sure... many more people use Stubhub over Ticketmaster Exchange. Should mean you can get a bit more for your tickets.
We're not getting a wider base than likely then on both, like I always did. Believe it or not, a lot of people as much more comfortable buying on Ticketmaster than they are on StubHub.

The downside is I imagine your resale tickets won't show along regular tickets on the ticket master map?

Reactions: Gotham Gator
We're not getting a wider base than likely then on both, like I always did. Believe it or not, a lot of people as much more comfortable buying on Ticketmaster than they are on StubHub.
I can buy that, but just anecdotally when I needed to sell, Stubhub always come through whereas Ticketmaster simply didn’t.
The downside is I imagine your resale tickets won't show along regular tickets on the ticket master map?
I think with this new arrangement, you won’t be able to list matches on Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster will only show box office tickets, and Stubhub will have the resale tickets. It’s a sly win for nycfc too, cause if there are people that are only comfortable buying tickets on Ticketmaster, you won’t be able to sell your tickets to them. It will mean that NYCFC will get people to buy new tickets from them on Ticketmaster instead of resale tickets.

Can someone please explain to me how this works for selling, mechanically/technically speaking? I've never used mobile tickets for anything, so I genuinely don't understand. I used to print my tickets to PDF, and then if I couldn't use them, I'd upload them to StubHub to sell. If I'm not getting PDFs anymore, how do I "upload" a mobile ticket to StubHub to sell it? Can't believe I've already hit the age where I've been surpassed by technology.

Can someone please explain to me how this works for selling, mechanically/technically speaking? I've never used mobile tickets for anything, so I genuinely don't understand. I used to print my tickets to PDF, and then if I couldn't use them, I'd upload them to StubHub to sell. If I'm not getting PDFs anymore, how do I "upload" a mobile ticket to StubHub to sell it? Can't believe I've already hit the age where I've been surpassed by technology.
Probably click a button that says "sell on StubHub". And then another button to confirm. And then probably have to avoid paying for insurance. But then on the bright side, you will have the chance to win a gift voucher for Best Buy. But then you will be set.

Very cool how corporate competition ensures that consumers get the very best treatment.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and adam
I can buy that, but just anecdotally when I needed to sell, Stubhub always come through whereas Ticketmaster simply didn’t.

I think with this new arrangement, you won’t be able to list matches on Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster will only show box office tickets, and Stubhub will have the resale tickets. It’s a sly win for nycfc too, cause if there are people that are only comfortable buying tickets on Ticketmaster, you won’t be able to sell your tickets to them. It will mean that NYCFC will get people to buy new tickets from them on Ticketmaster instead of resale tickets.

I don't understand -- you're making the point that being restricted to one market is better than two?

And Ticketmaster will still have resale tickets on it -- just not ours.

I don't see any way in which this is better for us.

Wait -- we still have to manually list and manually deliver our tickets? So it's actually a bigger pain?

For the Yankees, your tickets are automatically loaded to Stubhub and delivered by Stubhub.

Last edited:
I don't understand -- you're making the point that being restricted to one market is better than two?

And Ticketmaster will still have resale tickets on it -- just not ours.

I don't see any way in which this is better for us.

Wait -- we still have to manually list and manually deliver our tickets? So it's actually a bigger pain?

For the Yankees, your tickets are automatically loaded to Stubhub and delivered by Stubhub.
No I’m saying it’ll be like the yankees, where there’s a button that says Sell on Stubhub. I could be wrong but I thought that all tickets were then resold on Stubhub... why would there be a Ticketmaster resale site if we’re all bring switched to Stubhub.