2020 & 2021 Season Ticket Thread

For STHs: If NYCFC hosts 0 matches at YS/CF in 2020, which would you prefer?

• Complete Refund

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Credit to 2021 Season

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
We already have the answer. They’re telling us they discounted the early season games and RBA at the expense of the games we knew we would attend.

But I attended those same games in 2019 at Yankee Stadium and now they're marked up 60%

Reactions: Kjbert
But I attended those same games in 2019 at Yankee Stadium and now they're marked up 60%
I think you need to look at it as the price of the season is distributed among the available games. So next year it is very unlikely that 1 or more of the games will have that high per match $ amount since there will be less desirable games marked down that would not allow the higher demand games to be marked quite as high.

I'm not sure if I made sense there, so let me know, because it's making sense in my head what I'm trying to say.

But they’re reasoning is that these games in 2021 weren’t as valuable. Because of the Covid restrictions and testing

I think you need to look at it as the price of the season is distributed among the available games. So next year it is very unlikely that 1 or more of the games will have that high per match $ amount since there will be less desirable games marked down that would not allow the higher demand games to be marked quite as high.

I'm not sure if I made sense there, so let me know, because it's making sense in my head what I'm trying to say.

I think you meant to say the less desirable games will be priced higher than this season's RBA games, which will make the more desirable games have more reasonable higher prices.

e.g.,

Given $100 season ticket price and 2 home games:

2021: RBA game: $10, Full Cap YS: $90
2022: less desirable game: $30, more desirable game: $70

Of course, if we end up going to RBA again in 2022, which is highly likely unless they can work something out with Citi Field, we're likely going to see a similar, drastic gap in prices. Of course, it depends on how many we actually play in RBA. Hopefully, if we have to, it is 1 or 2 games at most. But preferrably, we go to Citi if need be.

Because my kids miraculously fell asleep early tonight, I ran the numbers on the 2019 season. Assuming RB would be the only Tier 1 game (conservative assumption, seeing that we also had LAFC, Seattle, and Portland on the schedule), MTL/Cincy/KC/Chicago are Tier 3, and Houson/SJ are Tier 4 (remainder of games all Tier 2), I come out to these upcoming matches being marked up at about 45%.

1 Tier 1 game would be $327
10 Tier 2 games would be $2,910
4 Tier 3 games would be $852
2 Tier 4 games would be $270

The total costs of those games using this stretch's pricing structure would be $4,359. I spent ~$3K on my tickets.

It's really insulting.

Editing to add: I don't know what the Tier 3 pricing would be so I took the average cost of a Tier 2 and Tier 4 game. Depending on where it falls in the spectrum between Tier 4 and Tier 2, mark-ups could be between ~35% and ~56%

Last edited:
Because my kids miraculously fell asleep early tonight, I ran the numbers on the 2019 season. Assuming RB would be the only Tier 1 game (conservative assumption, seeing that we also had LAFC, Seattle, and Portland on the schedule), MTL/Cincy/KC/Chicago are Tier 3, and Houson/SJ are Tier 4 (remainder of games all Tier 2), I come out to these upcoming matches being marked up at about 45%.

1 Tier 1 game would be $327
10 Tier 2 games would be $2,910
4 Tier 3 games would be $852
2 Tier 4 games would be $270

The total costs of those games using this stretch's pricing structure would be $4,359. I spent ~$3K on my tickets.

It's really insulting.

This is my exact math. Do you sit in my secrionv

Reactions: DeGrozz
Because my kids miraculously fell asleep early tonight, I ran the numbers on the 2019 season.
A bit of google image searching turned up the following.
2019 tiers:
MatchOpponentKey-2.jpg
DC: Sun 3/10 -- platinum
LAFC: Sun 3/17 -- silver
Montreal: Sat 4/6 -- silver
Chicago: Wed 4/24 -- bronze
Orlando: Sat 4/27 -- gold
Cincinnati: Thu 6/6 -- silver
Philadelphia: Sat 6/29 -- gold
Seattle: Wed 7/3 -- bronze
Portland: Sun 7/7 -- silver
Kansas City: Fri 7/26 -- silver
Houston: Thu 8/8 -- silver
Columbus: Wed 8/21 -- bronze
RBNY: Sat 8/24 -- planitum
New England: Sat 9/7 -- silver
Toronto: Wed 9/11 -- bronze
San Jose: Sat 9/14 -- gold
Atlanta: Wed 9/25 -- gold

2019 founding member variable pricing:
2019_variable-pricing_MAP_founding-member-3.jpg
2019 city member variable pricing:
2019_variable-pricing_MAP_city-member-3.jpg
For the general seating categories, the 2019 variable pricing roughly came out to:
platinum: 30% premium
gold: 10% premium
silver: average per-game price
bronze: 25% discount

2021 variable pricing for my sideline mezzanine section:
Tier 1: 81% premium
Tier 2: 61% premium
Tier 3: ?? (average per-game price?)
Tier 4: 25% discount
Tier RBA: ?? (37% discount?)

I've requested the full tier schedule and pricing for this season, but I'm not expecting transparency. If Tier 3 is the average per-game price -- for the early Cincinnati and Toronto games at Yankee Stadium perhaps -- then the RBA games would need to be discounted 35-40% for the math to work. More tiers is always a possibility.

NYCFC's Yankee Stadium games go on sale on ticketmaster at noon with dynamic pricing. Should be interesting to see if a floor is maintained at STH levels.

Last edited:
2019 tiers:
View attachment 11297

View attachment 11298
View attachment 11299
For the general seating categories, the 2019 variable pricing roughly came out to:

I've requested the full tier schedule and pricing for this season, but I'm not expecting transparency. If Tier 3 is the average per-game price -- for the early Cincinnati and Toronto games at Yankee Stadium perhaps -- then the RBA games would have to be discounted 35-40% for the math to work. More tiers is always a possibility.

NYCFC's Yankee Stadium games go on sale on ticketmaster at noon with dynamic pricing. Should be interesting to see if a floor is maintained at STH levels.
When looking at how they tiered the teams I’m surprised that DC is platinum and even more surprised that TFC was bronze. LAFC being silver and the quakes being gold is another odd decision to me

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
When looking at how they tiered the teams I’m surprised that DC is platinum and even more surprised that TFC was bronze. LAFC being silver and the quakes being gold is another odd decision to me
I think it has everything to do with day of the week as well as time of the year.

While LAFC was on a Sunday, it was in March in the cold, and wasn't the home opener. DC was platinum even in the cold, because it was the home opener. San Jose was a Saturday game in the middle of September whereas TFC was a midweek game.

ETA: I would guess that the time of year / day of the week matters a bit less for the tiering if its a Red Bull game.

DC had Rooney. LAFC was the sexy new team. SJ i have no idea why.

Reactions: JCMore and Kjbert
2019 tiers:
View attachment 11297

View attachment 11298
View attachment 11299

I've requested the full tier schedule and pricing for this season, but I'm not expecting transparency. If Tier 3 is the average per-game price -- for the early Cincinnati and Toronto games at Yankee Stadium perhaps -- then the RBA games would need to be discounted 35-40% for the math to work. More tiers is always a possibility.

Yes. They’ve already admitted that the non compulsory Yankee Stadium games and RBA games were HEAVILY discounted. There’s no more secrets here.
And there isn’t a chart for the games that have already been played. I mean there is, but not one that they’re admitting to.

No response to either of my two emails so far.

So we still have the ability to trade in tickets? I’m trying to trade in my 7/30 tickets and upgrade for this Sunday

So we still have the ability to trade in tickets? I’m trying to trade in my 7/30 tickets and upgrade for this Sunday
We're supposed to. I emailed my rep on Saturday asking about the trade-in program and how it works and how to get more 7/30 tickets and haven't received a response yet. Goodman's email had noted that more details on the trade-in program would follow in a separate email.

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
We're supposed to. I emailed my rep on Saturday asking about the trade-in program and how it works and how to get more 7/30 tickets and haven't received a response yet. Goodman's email had noted that more details on the trade-in program would follow in a separate email.

Thank you

Reactions: moogoo
Although I understand their attempt, the logic of it fails me. We paid a lot less money for RBA tickets and, as they admit, we got less value. That loss in value is on the club, not us. Trying to make things "even out" when we get a lesser experience is placing the burden and risk of operating a soccer club on us, not them. They're not even sharing it.

It's like Amazon putting the risk of lost packages on the customer. I see by the tracking that your package was lost by UPS. Tough shit, you're out of luck. That really makes it sound ridiculous, right? We had to move games to RBA -- tough shit, you're out of luck because we're going to be made whole in the end.

As is always the case, if they had outlined this as a possible scenario and given us the opportunity to opt out before the year, all is good. But they implemented this with hindsight in a way that clearly benefits them at our expense. Again, they are shifting their operating risks to us retrospectively when our money is theirs to control.

It's just not the way you treat a valued customer.

And it's even worse for the suite ticket holders. By my calculation, the schedule changes cost me food for 2 people for 8 games and parking for 10 games. So even if their math evens out the ticket prices over the full season, I am still quite a bit behind.

Although I understand their attempt, the logic of it fails me. We paid a lot less money for RBA tickets and, as they admit, we got less value. That loss in value is on the club, not us. Trying to make things "even out" when we get a lesser experience is placing the burden and risk of operating a soccer club on us, not them. They're not even sharing it.

It's like Amazon putting the risk of lost packages on the customer. I see by the tracking that your package was lost by UPS. Tough shit, you're out of luck. That really makes it sound ridiculous, right? We had to move games to RBA -- tough shit, you're out of luck because we're going to be made whole in the end.

As is always the case, if they had outlined this as a possible scenario and given us the opportunity to opt out before the year, all is good. But they implemented this with hindsight in a way that clearly benefits them at our expense. Again, they are shifting their operating risks to us retrospectively when our money is theirs to control.

It's just not the way you treat a valued customer.

And it's even worse for the suite ticket holders. By my calculation, the schedule changes cost me food for 2 people for 8 games and parking for 10 games. So even if their math evens out the ticket prices over the full season, I am still quite a bit behind.

This is essentially what I told my rep after he explained what tiered pricing is like I was an idiot. And then proceeded to tell me the lower rba prices were a reward. Not a reward in any sense. Except for to the club for being sneaky about what they were doing.

Once I use up the money in my account I am out til the stadium is built. Whenever that may be.

Friday afternoon, rep asked if they could talk Monday morning.

I said yes.

Rep then emails this afternoon and said sorry, they couldn't talk this morning, but they could talk anytime this afternoon.

I told them a time.

Rep then calls me at a different time to tell me he can't talk and then doesn't pick up when I call them back.

What is going on?

Last edited: