2021 MLS Cup in Portland - Travel and Logistics Thread

Also, at the post win celebration at the Hyatt, it was so cool being able to interact with the players and staff.

Highlights:
  • Maxi losing his fucking mind. I love seeing how happy he was.
  • Taty joining in on the “MVP” chants for him
  • I showed Andres Jasson the YouTube video I made of him getting destroyed and he was like “I can just search Jasson fouled and watch this?” while Keaton is looking on over my shoulder and laughing his ass off at it.
  • I finally got to meet my guy Barraza
  • I also got to meet and chat with Brad Sims quite a bit (his reaction to me introducing myself was pretty hilarious) and I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get an interview to talk Stadium stuff maybe in January. But one thing I definitely want to point out is the first thing he said to me and others that came up was congrats. He was congratulating all the fans for the win. I know he definitely has his faults and things that drive me nuts, but that small little detail I think demonstrates quite a lot of character.

Such an insanely incredible experience and loved that I was able to share that with many of you guys.

I’ll probably post some more pics later, but here is one post game.

It was so awesome hanging out with joe joe, mgarbowski mgarbowski, Shwafta Shwafta, L LIexpat, Matt Kelly Matt Kelly, MumonA.

Great running into FredMertz at the breakfast as well and LionNYC several times.

I couldn’t bear to watch the penalty kicks so I just had the crowd reactions to go off of and Matt Kelly Matt Kelly giving me the breakdown.

It was great hanging out with you guys , it was an incredible day, so many highlights

the breakfast , March to the stadium and after party were all a nice touch from the club and TR, it was awesome the team came to the hotel and spent so long hanging out with the fans

The inflatable MLS cup drama was hilarious and so was the genesis sing along

It was great hanging out with you guys , it was an incredible day, so many highlights

the breakfast , March to the stadium and after party were all a nice touch from the club and TR, it was awesome the team came to the hotel and spent so long hanging out with the fans

The inflatable MLS cup drama was hilarious and so was the genesis sing along
The inflatable trophy was Portland’s MLS Cup experience summed up perfectly. Worked so hard, finally got it working at the last second, and then blew it when crunch time came.

Also, at the post win celebration at the Hyatt, it was so cool being able to interact with the players and staff.

Highlights:
  • Maxi losing his fucking mind. I love seeing how happy he was.
  • Taty joining in on the “MVP” chants for him
  • I showed Andres Jasson the YouTube video I made of him getting destroyed and he was like “I can just search Jasson fouled and watch this?” while Keaton is looking on over my shoulder and laughing his ass off at it.
  • I finally got to meet my guy Barraza
  • I also got to meet and chat with Brad Sims quite a bit (his reaction to me introducing myself was pretty hilarious) and I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get an interview to talk Stadium stuff maybe in January. But one thing I definitely want to point out is the first thing he said to me and others that came up was congrats. He was congratulating all the fans for the win. I know he definitely has his faults and things that drive me nuts, but that small little detail I think demonstrates quite a lot of character.

Yep -- I met Brad before the New England game, and he couldn't have been a nicer, more down-to-earth guy. We have some really good people working in our front office.

Such an insanely incredible experience and loved that I was able to share that with many of you guys.

It was so awesome hanging out with joe joe, mgarbowski mgarbowski, Shwafta Shwafta, L LIexpat, Matt Kelly Matt Kelly, MumonA.

Great running into FredMertz at the breakfast as well and LionNYC several times.

I couldn’t bear to watch the penalty kicks so I just had the crowd reactions to go off of and Matt Kelly Matt Kelly giving me the breakdown.

A once in a lifetime experience. Just trying to soak it all in

Finally home. I still don't know how to put it into words, but it was too perfect.

The city, the beer, the people, the friends, the WIN!!!!

The only thing missing was my kids (and wife)... but they've got time.

I feel like I flew to Portland a week ago. Hard to process that it was just one weekend. Really just one - very long - day. Plus lots of travel. And surprisingly little food. I felt like I ate for 45 minutes when I got home. Hanging with all the people Soup mentioned above. Getting texts from Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan during the game. Seeing old forum names pop up in threads for the first time in months or years. It was brilliant. Soon enough I will take these off. But not today.
IMG_0779.jpg

I feel like I flew to Portland a week ago. Hard to process that it was just one weekend. Really just one - very long - day. Plus lots of travel. And surprisingly little food. I felt like I ate for 45 minutes when I got home. Hanging with all the people Soup mentioned above. Getting texts from Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan during the game. Seeing old forum names pop up in threads for the first time in months or years. It was brilliant. Soon enough I will take these off. But not today.
View attachment 11695
Great stuff. Where the hell is Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan ? I guess it's hard to post when there is nothing to complain about! Still miss that guy, however. Every Forum needs a poster like him.