2021 MLS Cup in Portland - Travel and Logistics Thread

I think all the seats are technically covered, but with the winds, nothing is guaranteed - particularly down on our end, which is where the wind will be blowing from.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Obviously hope his/her Timbers lose, but I love when gate/flight attendants or pilots give little details like that.
If we win, on my return flight I'm going to ask a flight attendant to ask the pilot to say, "We're beginning our descent into JFK and New York, home of the 2021 MLS Cup champion New York City FC."

So when are we getting our mobile tickets delivered? Tomorrow? I ordered through the club but I assume it’ll be the same for club tickets or third rail…

You bought through club or supporter group?
Club. And the email said "Mike Casazza wants to send you 1 ticket " It looks like the kind of email you get when a friend shares a ticket with you.
Per LinkedIn, Mike Cassazza works in Operations for NYCFC.
I would not be shocked if they are doing this manually and it will take a while to work thru everyone. I ordered within bare minutes after the club made them available so I might have been one of the first to get the email.

Last edited:
Club. And the email said "Mike Casazza wants to send you 1 ticket " It looks like the kind of email you get when a friend shares a ticket with you.
I would not be shocked if they are doing this manually and it will take a while to work thru everyone. I ordered within bare minutes after the club made them available so I might have been one of the first to get the email.
Got it.

If that's actually the case, kudos to them for going through each person one at a time because that takes... A lot of time lol. But I can't believe there isn't any other way to do it??

That would also explain why third rail president said he'd make sure I will get like by midday Friday, if they really are just doing that.

Hope Mike gets a good bonus this year. He has to all those ticket transfer manually. At least 1,000 transfers.

Got it.

If that's actually the case, kudos to them for going through each person one at a time because that takes... A lot of time lol. But I can't believe there isn't any other way to do it??

That would also explain why third rail president said he'd make sure I will get like by midday Friday, if they really are just doing that.

third rail tickets are coming tomorrow?

Oooh you'll be part of the "Around on friday" crew!
We should get a meetup for friday night with all of us who will be here early!
Yes I was just gonna post if there were any meet ups happening Friday. I land around 4:30 and would like to meet with some like minded people tomorrow night for some beers.