2022 Concacaf Champions League

Last time I think they were arguing about whether they could play in YS and couldnt because of the advertising. I think that will stay the same. Choices will probably be RBA or a much smaller capacity college field where they can cover up all the ads.
It's going to be RBA for all Concacaf Champions League matches going forward until we get a soccer stadium.

Your choice for next season: win the back to back MLS Cup or the first MLS team to win the Champions League? Both is not an appropriate response.

Reactions: Schwallacus
not a bad draw, lets hope they dont get too confident facing the CR team. The revs actually have a good shot of going to semi's. of course this depends how Bruce Arena feels and if he gives the tournament and type of priority.

So after some cursory googling Santos de Guapiles FC is not in San Jose but is in Limon Province (like way out there from SJ in the small town of Guapiles). Their stadium has a capacity of only 3,000. I bet their game gets moved to San Jose because their stadium is too small.

So after some cursory googling Santos de Guapiles FC is not in San Jose but is in Limon Province (like way out there from SJ in the small town of Guapiles). Their stadium has a capacity of only 3,000. I bet their game gets moved to San Jose because their stadium is too small.

once again both teams will play in stadiums that are not their main home stadium. like with san carlos

Your choice for next season: win the back to back MLS Cup or the first MLS team to win the Champions League? Both is not an appropriate response.
First MLS team to win the Champions League and the Campeones Cup in the same year. Is that appropriate?

Reactions: JayH
Yeah, it's a 2 hour drive from the airport. The match will most likely be moved to a more broadcast friendly stadium.

Reactions: canchon
Geez… I spent some time in Costa Rica a few years back. Limón is one of the most impoverished areas of the country. I’m impressed that Santos de Guapiles FC was able to perform well enough to get a birth. My guess is they play in Alajuela again especially since Saprissa (therefore their stadium is already used) is also in CCL. Now I feel the need to find my La Liga Deportiva Alajuelense jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupInNYC
Geez… I spent some time in Costa Rica a few years back. Limón is one of the most impoverished areas of the country. I’m impressed that Santos de Guapiles FC was able to perform well enough to get a birth. My guess is they play in Alajuela again especially since Saprissa (therefore their stadium is already used) is also in CCL. Now I feel the need to find my La Liga Deportiva Alajuelense jersey out.
It's possible that they play at home/away staggered so t hey can both play in the same stadium

It's possible that they play at home/away staggered so t hey can both play in the same stadium
While true, I think it’s more that if it ever came down to it where Saprisa and Santos were to play each other in a home/away situation, it wouldn’t be right to a) continually bounce around Santo’s “home” field or b) have both home and away be in Saprissa’s stadium.

Reactions: Shwafta
I'm not sure if anybody pointed this out in either thread today.

Our regular season schedule lines up great with the CCL this year. If we make it far, the semi-final and final rounds are during our long home stand, meaning that the congestion will be greatly mitigated by the need to leave NYC for just two games in about 6 or 7 weeks.

Can we get Taty to stay until the summer? He could help us a lot with advancing in CCL.

this is most likely going to be the case anyway. summer tends to be the bigger transfer window in europe. with any luck, they'll let us have him til the end of the season!