2022 General MLS Transfer Rumors

Colorado just traded Kellyn Acosta to LAFC. That could be very important for us if we end up playing the Rapids in the second round of CCL.

Reactions: Sabo
Colorado just traded Kellyn Acosta to LAFC. That could be very important for us if we end up playing the Rapids in the second round of CCL.

Interesting trade. Acosta is definitely more of a pitbull and less of an offensive contributor than Atuesta. BTW, seeing Tecatito Corona transferred from Porto to Sevilla for only 3 million Euros (after Porto rejected their 12 million Euro offer last summer) is stunning and I guess it has to do with all the financial upheaval COVID is causing more than with Tecatito poor recent form. He is still a borderline elite player. I wonder what kinds of deals are out there for MLS teams looking in Europe?

Many replies note that Turner would be behind English NT keeper Ramsdale and could get very limited playing time off he went to Arsenal.

That seems like a reasonable assumption. on one hand, it'd be great to see him move to the EPL.. on the other, it would suck to have our #1 and #2 keepers getting little to no consistent playing time.

In related news.. rumors flying that Sean Johnson could soon be the #1 USMNT keeper (not an actual rumor)

Many replies note that Turner would be behind English NT keeper Ramsdale and could get very limited playing time if he went to Arsenal.

Twellman’s tone is so weird there - “What a great time to be a Revs supporter”? Yes, it’s good for the league’s reputation etc etc, but are MLS fans supposed to be throwing victory parades every time their best players are sold off to warm some European team’s bench now?

are we to take this tweet as him not wanting to go and has a problem with the phrase used? or that the club denied him the move he wanted?

i take it as the transfer to Club America did not happen but it was not because he withdrew interest, he probably wanted to ? Now hes off to FC Dallas.

Reactions: Shwafta
Makes the Union a little weaker and assuming the Fire will always be a middle of the road to dumpster “fire” team, then the league just got a little easier for the boys in blue!

Reactions: Shwafta
Makes the Union a little weaker and assuming the Fire will always be a middle of the road to dumpster “fire” team, then the league just got a little easier for the boys in blue!

I thought "wow this is a good move for Chicago" and then I was reading some posts from the union fans and they're happy to see him go. I thought he was good for them?
1642903760989.png

Definitely will help Chicago, imo.

• Haha
Reactions: JCMore
Well, shit.
Anyone else here construct a mental dam to hold back anxious waters while reciting the “We won MLS cup” mantra…
I’m going to have faith while watching the outflow of NYCFC talent as other MLS teams get better in this transfer window…
a bit of deja Vu all over again
Could it mean MLS Cup no. 2 then!

Last year we didn't make our first addition until February. And with this playoff system, if we have to wait until summer, that's ok too.

Reactions: Sabo
...copy cats?

lol