2022 Roster Discussion

isn't "50% of his rights" the same thing as a sell-on clause essentially?
Yes. The prior responses didn't really answer my question. I asked what 50% of the player meant and suggested it could be sell on, hoping for confirmation or correction. Instead people responded by saying 50% means 50% or it's the same as Matarrita, which I don't have past deals memorized.

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
ah LionNYC LionNYC beat me by split second.

EDIT: the translation of original tweet says its a transfer fee of about $4.3M.

Reactions: Kjbert
isn't "50% of his rights" the same thing as a sell-on clause essentially?
Yes. The prior responses didn't really answer my question. I asked what 50% of the player meant and suggested it could be sell on, hoping for confirmation or correction. Instead people responded by saying 50% means 50% or it's the same as Matarrita, which I don't have past deals memorized.

yes basically sell on clause of 50% on future sale. here nycfc would only get $8M ( what has been reported for that "50%") for taty this window and taty leaves us. so its not a good deal since nycfc wants 15M.

Taty and his agent continue to prefer a move to SA. And those teams are coming up with loan deals and 50% of player deals. Fuck that.
What's up kjbert!

Is this true, that they prefer SA to Europe? Or is it that they aren't getting the offers from Euro clubs that they (and most) were expecting?

(Genuinely asking, but not sure if you know the answer)

Reactions: Kjbert
Sorry, my post meant "I think it means 50% sell-on clause"

All the Thiagos!

Thiago to Thiago when they meet at camp
giphy.gif

I still haven't been able to avoid confusion between Thiago and Magno, now we gotta add another Thiago...what's next, another Morales(z)?