2022 U.S. Open Cup

Definitely worth posting, but
  • Does a throw-in near your own end line constitute playing out of the back?
  • What's makes this a trifecta?
  • Good for him, but I still am surprised Khiry Shelton remains in MLS.
  • For those who subscribe to this account, the vagaries of what constitutes playing it out of the back reaches talmudic levels.
  • There were other examples in the same game, which is rare.
  • He's a perfectly good backup striker.

Reactions: mgarbowski
  • For those who subscribe to this account, the vagaries of what constitutes playing it out of the back reaches talmudic levels.
  • There were other examples in the same game, which is rare.
  • He's a perfectly good backup striker.
If you like ASA's Goals Added metric, Khiry is dead last in MLS (across all positions) at -1.56

i suspected this would happen, i think the same happened in 2019. i wonder if we had to play them if they would of still played there or open up RBA.

Edit: i think red bulls still win but charlotte have been doing alright.
I think it would be RBA. I saw on Twitter that they have to play somewhere else as there was already a community college graduation planned for RBA during the timeframe for this upcoming game.

The RBNJ blog site (once a metro) spins this as the Red Bulls wanting to play at a smaller stadium because it’s the open Cup, uhhhh that’s not what happened here. They got kicked out of their stadium (which they laud over the fans across the river) because the community actually owns it, not RBNJ.

“Us hosting the New York Yankees is part of our community obligations as part of our stadium agreement”

giphy.gif

Semifinal matches tonight on ESPN+

Orlando vs. Red Bulls (7:30 PM ET)
Sacramento vs. Kansas City (10:30 PM ET)

Final Hosting Priority is:
1. Orlando
2. Kansas City
3. Red Bulls
4. Sacramento

Don't want either Orlando or Red Bulls to win the Cup, but one of them has to go to the final...