2023 NYCFC Kit Thread

Exactly my fear. Joe swears it's gonna be the best (he's seen it, also this is Christian in case anyone couldn't already tell), but he and I don't have the same taste at all lol

wait christian from HRB?

i liked the bronx blue, but it was a bit too simple for me and looked too much like the older home kits. i want something that's a little standout. i think the mosaic won't be as dominant as i think some people are imagining.

as the kids say these days.. it's gonna be LIT (i hope)

Last edited:
wait christian from HRB?

i liked the bronx blue, but it was a bit too simple for me and looked too much like the older home kits. i want something that's a little standout. i think the mosaic won't be as dominate as i think some people are imagining.

as the kids say these days.. it's gonna be LIT (i hope)
the kids today say “bussin”

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: moogoo
ha nice. i am also the same who used to flood the comments section.. if you didn't know already. :)
Haha yeah, I recognize the username. Was fun times back in the day. Shame I wasn't there for the Cup, but looks like I got out in time considering the current state of Vox/SBNation.

Reactions: moogoo
I thought kids today say it slaps.

I mean, sincerely, that's what my child says. Is that not a thing? Do I need to talk to her about how to be cool?
Your kids may be more up to date. I think lingo is like fashion and it comes in and out over time.
What I was able to find:

Entries from Urban Dictionary slaps

Music that is desirable.
"Man, you heard that new Mike Jonesalbum? That shit slaps!"
by metal gear ray June 24, 2005

lit

When something is turned up or popping...
John : did you go to that party last night

Daquan : yes that shit was lit
by fatoubobala January 24, 2014

bussin

what you would say if something was really good.
tay- i didnt know yo mama could cook this good!
jj- yea her food be bussin
by askaboutmiraa December 17, 2017

Reactions: FootyLovin
FWIW, NYCFC's licensing agreement with the Dept of Small Business Services to use city-owned trademarks was registered with the Comptroller's office last week on 2/9.

Confirmed that it was for the use of city-owned licenses on "soccer uniform kits" and "soccer accessories", to be distributed via "internet, in stadium stores, specialty stores, and big box retailers" and the manufacturer is Adidas Americas, Inc.
So it doesn't appear that this licensing agreement is for this kit based on the leaks.

But the new kit looks great, love it. I actually haven't bought any kits yet, but this one (after I see it on actual people) may just do it.

So it doesn't appear that this licensing agreement is for this kit based on the leaks.

But the new kit looks great, love it. I actually haven't bought any kits yet, but this one (after I see it on actual people) may just do it.
Customized:

Soup Scoop

24 7

It is much more understated than I expected based upon the teasers. I think it looks good and always appreciate the call out to NYC. The design seems one where it will look even better with the authentic, on person, and also in full kit. I am not in the wow camp yet but definitely in the will purchase one camp (or more likely 3 or 4 ugh).

I must admit, the new kit shattered my expectations. Instant fan. Right up there with our best kits ever, might even take the top spot.
Where is this new kit?
Is this definitely it ? I guess I’m in the minority but don’t care for it.
first thought was reptilian.
maybe 85% there.
really find the big cubes on the sleeves weird.

oh for f's sake, i went until just now, 9:59, without spoiling myself. WAnted to see the reveal video. Then i go onto twitter and type "nycfc", and dumb me instead of clicking on the official profile, just searched it. and you know what was the first thing shown. :c
I clicked right off, but got a good glimpse. gonna comment after that

Reactions: Higgs1
Reactions: Kjbert