300 Section Opened Up For Opener

Just saw this on Twitter. Great stuff. Looks like the whole stadium will be open.

They said they are at 25K right now, and the lower part of the stadium holds 27.5K.

My guess is that they always intended to do this, but wanted to hold off on the announcement to build momentum.

Just saw this on Twitter. Great stuff. Looks like the whole stadium will be open.

They said they are at 25K right now, and the lower part of the stadium holds 27.5K.

My guess is that they always intended to do this, but wanted to hold off on the announcement to build momentum.

With only 2 weeks to go, I doubt they open up the 400s. Still will make for a great atmosphere if 300s almost full too, love to see more matches get this treatment in the future.

I'm still not sold this is a good idea. What if we don't fill it? It'll look terrible on TV. I'd rather a packed lower bowl than any indication that the crowd is sparse.

The lower bowl is sold out. That's why they're opening the 300 level. And as I mentioned on the other thread they're probably selling a few sections up there anyway to keep the crowd together.

I'm still not sold this is a good idea. What if we don't fill it? It'll look terrible on TV. I'd rather a packed lower bowl than any indication that the crowd is sparse.

From where the camera will be placed you won't really see much of the 300s. The camera will be looking at the bleachers and Mohegan Sun sports bar

From where the camera will be placed you won't really see much of the 300s. The camera will be looking at the bleachers and Mohegan Sun sports bar
That brings up an excellent question: where's the main camera going to be positioned in YS?

If upper bowl is not filled the producers handling the telecast won't show it much trust me. Besides it's all about crowd noise and chanting and singing at a soccer game that dictates atmosphere regardless if the upper bowl is not packed. With 27k sold and counting, this is a great start. Lets hope the team can deliver a solid ND attractive performance but more importantly 3 points.

theyll probably open up section by section, once the first 300 section starts to pack out, they'll open the next,

visual approximation
3342973-1724067883-butle.jpg

With only 2 weeks to go, I doubt they open up the 400s. Still will make for a great atmosphere if 300s almost full too, love to see more matches get this treatment in the future.

Right, I forgot about the 400 section, and that is most of the remaining seats.

Right, I forgot about the 400 section, and that is most of the remaining seats.

Correct. The 300s are almost a sub-section of the 400s. I hope that they have some sort of tarp over the 400 level seats. From where the camera would be, you really won't see most of the fans anyway. You'll see left field, right field and down the first base line. All of those sections are already sold out.

Back