Across The Hudson - Matt Miazga

brett

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
What do you guys think about his impending transfer to Chelsea?

Thought he looked like a good player with potential and word is he has a chance of getting playing time. The real question is whether he really has a future as a Chelsea first team player?

Either way good for him and us, there is no way the Red Bulls can get an equal talent level at his salary.

What do you guys think about his impending transfer to Chelsea?

Thought he looked like a good player with potential and word is he has a chance of getting playing time. The real question is whether he really has a future as a Chelsea first team player?

Either way good for him and us, there is no way the Red Bulls can get an equal talent level at his salary.
I'm sure he'll be loaned out from Chelsea in the short term. Would be great from a USMNT standpoint if he is able to command some good PT at Chelsea in the future.

The Chelsea manager said he would stay on the first team for the remainder of the season after he's transferred. That being said I don't think he's a top level premier league team starter yet. Maybe in 1-2 years but he's clearly on his way towards being the best defender in US player history.

Reactions: Goodfella
I'd like to see him succeed. Hopefully his stint with RB Salzburg was just a case of him really not wanting to live in Germany.
Posted on other football, too, but it's a damn shame for him that he couldn't have gone to LFC, Everton or Leicester. Minutes available right now, and clubs who make more of an effort to develop their youth.

It's a shame Chelsea are so far out of the race for a Champions League spot for next year. Had they been top of the table, a guy like Miazga could get a shot in an FA Cup game. As it is, those games are practically the club's top priority, especially with their annual sweep of the Gunners already complete.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Posted on other football, too, but it's a damn shame for him that he couldn't have gone to LFC, Everton or Leicester. Minutes available right now, and clubs who make more of an effort to develop their youth.
Hiddink is influencing this transfer window, and his reorg of the depth chart is working, so there's every possibility the Russian Jerry Jones will want to keep him around. If Hiddink goes from Caretaker to full-time, Chelsea may/will take a more proactive position on youth, and Miazga will benefit.

Between him, Brooks, and CCV, we are set at CB for a very long time IMHO.

Between him, Brooks, and CCV, we are set at CB for a very long time IMHO.

I wouldn't forget about Erik Palmer-Brown from SKC who was just recently loaned to FC Porto. The kid is young and has a ton of upside.

I wish Miazga the best of luck. Keep doing what you're doing: Train hard, keep your head leveled and stay focused. My hope is that Hiddink will reward him with an appearance or two.

Now it's Across the Atlantic and in fact he's closer to Yankee Stadium than Red Bull Arena now that he's in England.