Andrea Pirlo [Midfielder]

Well, there goes any dream of him to retire now so we can pickup a necessary 3rd DP in the transfer window as we push for MLS Cup.

Here's to Pirlo being hopefully the worst DP player in NYCFC's history.

You Cannot Be Serious!

giphy.gif

Worst DP in NYCFC history? Recency bias is real. Guy lead the team in assists last year.

All we have is recency. There have been 4 DPs. Pick one as worst to date.
Villa is clearly the best.
Maxi is solid. Not a candidate for best or worst as of now.
Frank was his usual goal machine self when healthy, but you can pick him as worst for the time missed, whether by choice or due to injury.
Pirlo is at least a reasonable candidate for worst. Again, you could pick Frank, but it's a choice between those two and either is defensible.

The rest of the statement is aspirational, literally hoping that Pirlo is the worst in history, meaning we never have one as bad. Chances are there will be someone worse sometime, but it's a completely reasonable thing to hope and say.

Frank was his usual goal machine self when healthy, but you can pick him as worst for the time missed, whether by choice or due to injury.
Pirlo is at least a reasonable candidate for worst. Again, you could pick Frank, but it's a choice between those two and either is defensible.

The rest of the statement is aspirational, literally hoping that Pirlo is the worst in history, meaning we never have one as bad. Chances are there will be someone worse sometime, but it's a completely reasonable thing to hope and say.
We do not make the playoffs last season without Lampard's amazing goal scoring form. He literally saved the season from mediocrity

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins

Valid points. My vote is Lampard purely based on how little he actually played over his time here. Pirlo played a ton of games for us over his first 1.5 seasons and lead the team in assists last year. It's ending badly but I'll take 1.5 years of solid perfromance over the very short but admittedly prolific games we got from Lampard. I think if you asked the question at the end of last season who was a better DP you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would have picked Lampard over Pirlo.

Valid points. My vote is Lampard purely based on how little he actually played over his time here. Pirlo played a ton of games for us over his first 1.5 seasons and lead the team in assists last year. It's ending badly but I'll take 1.5 years of solid perfromance over the very short but admittedly prolific games we got from Lampard. I think if you asked the question at the end of last season who was a better DP you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would have picked Lampard over Pirlo.

And we're not sure if Pirlo's performance this year was substantially impacted by a nagging injury.

We do not make the playoffs last season without Lampard's amazing goal scoring form. He literally saved the season from mediocrity
Fat Frank's goals came at the expense of villas touches and shots. He did nothing to help the ball to the forwards, and like half of his goals were bounced off of him and not of his doing. He's poster child for worst kind of DP for me. Clueless retiree.

Fat Frank's goals came at the expense of villas touches and shots. He did nothing to help the ball to the forwards, and like half of his goals were bounced off of him and not of his doing. He's poster child for worst kind of DP for me. Clueless retiree.
How did his goals come at the expense of Villa? If Lampard wasn't playing then somebody else would, and if they scored, would you claim they stole Villa's touches too?

I won't argue that Lampard didn't contribute to ball movement, but how he scored his goals shouldn't matter one bit except as a gag/joke. I'm mean, if you want to discount his contributions then go ahead, but he saved the team a few times and got the club's first hat trick.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
How did his goals come at the expense of Villa? If Lampard wasn't playing then somebody else would, and if they scored, would you claim they stole Villa's touches too?

I won't argue that Lampard didn't contribute to ball movement, but how he scored his goals shouldn't matter one bit except as a gag/joke. I'm mean, if you want to discount his contributions then go ahead, but he saved the team a few times and got the club's first hat trick.
I showed last year that when Frank played villas touches were way down and so were his shots. If your strategy is to starve your best player and hope for bounces off of Frank's nutsack, that's one way to play I guess

Reactions: Schwallacus

Need to break out my rant on people not comprehending or even trying to comprehend message board posts. And how subtlety is lost.

Really pisses me off.

And also, if we net our goals conceded by Pirlo being a slack ass in defense, did he have that many assists?

Reactions: adam
A picture of which you can likely find when searching "soccer chaos"
Watch yourself sweetie even though you may have senior member status you may end up with a ban for a week like i did . Some people can't take jokes but they sure can dish shit . I hate to see that happen to someone that's been decent to me !

Reactions: JayH
And also, if we net our goals conceded by Pirlo being a slack ass in defense, did he have that many assists?
Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan I Wish To God me and that Girlfriend of yours could stand side by side and say to you in loud unfriendly voice...... HE WAS NEVER A DEFENSIVE PLAYER EVER !! This is why i scream at computers and my sister and niece laugh at my torment .

Reactions: Christopher Jee