Angelino [Defender]

This one has potential. Club needs to get him ready so sending him out to NYCFC is a good move. After that, he can find a loan club in England for a season and see if he is ready to make the step up.

Number confirmed at press conference:

CJVYxfnW8AAaSf7.jpg

He played extremely forward today. Don't know if thats good or bad, sometimes it seemed like we were playing 3-5-2. He also had great passes and first touches. Nice to have him on our team.

He played extremely forward today. Don't know if thats good or bad, sometimes it seemed like we were playing 3-5-2. He also had great passes and first touches. Nice to have him on our team.
That's how he plays for city never ever a left back.
Obviously not as good but think Gareth bale in style

If he played this way for his first professional debut , who knows what will come with more minutes. He plays an aggressive attack from the LB and thats fantastic. However , it can hurt us if the other team springs a counter. Its important our mids learn to cover for him. Its going to come down to a risk vs reward - attack to get us the win, stay back when we are up. I loved what I seen from him today.I am also a sucker for young talent because theres nothing better than watching a young player develop into a world class player over years.

Kind of wild when you think about the fact that an 18 year old is light years ahead from a so called MLS veteran. The club better make sure this guy doesn't father any kids here. He'll be a problem. Hide your teenage daughters.

Kind of wild when you think about the fact that an 18 year old is light years ahead from a so called MLS veteran. The club better make sure this guy doesn't father any kids here. He'll be a problem. Hide your teenage daughters.

I disagree. Make sure he does father many, many kids. So that he has to stay. Even if he leaves, at least his soccer seed has been spread to American generations to come.

Sucks we have to give him back. So he tears shit up in the MLS for 6 months and then that's it. A bit of a tease. A tease of the worst kind seeing glimpses of how special this kid can be. He was extremely noticable in his confidence and technical ability.

Reactions: roxfontaine
I disagree. Make sure he does father many, many kids. So that he has to stay. Even if he leaves, at least his soccer seed has been spread to American generations to come.

It's unfortunate he's 18. We could have put him child services and then label him as a homegrown talent.

Reactions: dannd23
I am a big Calle supporter, but after watching Angelino, he is definitely at least on par with him. His comfort on the ball and vision was awesome from the fullback spot. Let Calle get healthy for next season. Bye bye wingert, give us more angelino

He's pretty young, maybe Angelino will stick around for 1.5 years. Either way I don't think Calle is worth keeping around unless he gets healthy and shows us something. A 1 million transfer fee is a lot for a guy with only 323 min played this year.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT