Any devices for 5g/4g service enhancement in an industrial setting?

413Blue

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 23, 2014
MA
I'm on an assignment at a distribution center for at least a few months full-time, then occasional visits afterwards.
My work area is in an enclosed office towards the center of the building. I get excellent cell service 10-20 feet from the office, but only sporadically limited service inside. I do see hotspots and Bluetooth signals of people nearby, so they can penetrate the office.

Any ideas on devices or tips for a simple way to get T-Mobile service to extend to my phone? Ideally, id like something I can place outside the office but inside the building that will extend my signal.
Other considerations would be to leave my phone outside the office and tether it to a laptop, tablet or old phone.

Any tech experts have a simple idea, ideally one that doesn't require another data plan or something expensive enough to bother me if it gets swiped from the floor while I'm in the office?

I think you’re best asking a subreddit of Reddit. They probably have users who can better assist with your question.

I think you’re best asking a subreddit of Reddit. They probably have users who can better assist with your question.
Sure, but Reddit is wild, while this site has the best that New York has to offer!
We could also talk about non-MLS, or the running streaming content thread, on Reddit, but we do it here!

Reactions: mgarbowski
tmobile makes a signal booster device, but this is probably better for your needs. i've never used it myself, so not sure how well it works, but perhaps it's better than nothing? if your phone has wifi calling, then maybe set it up to use your office wifi while you don't have a signal. that's also an option as well (this is essentially how googleFi works)