Atlanta - Postmatch

I feel both happy and proud. We completely dominated a team that many pundits are already crowning. We literally flattened them like a pancake. The difference in clear chances was something like 12-2. I predict the xG for the game to be around 4.5 to 0.5. Also, JLew had a longer chance to impress and TMac stayed on the bench. Ofori was 200% better. And this performance should set in stone who's in and who's out of our best XI, with a few exceptions. The only thing not to like is the result.

I feel both happy and proud. We completely dominated a team that many pundits are already crowning. We literally flattened them like a pancake. The difference in clear chances was something like 12-2. I predict the xG for the game to be around 4.5 to 0.5. Also, JLew had a longer chance to impress and TMac stayed on the bench. Ofori was 200% better. And this performance should set in stone who's in and who's out of our best XI, with a few exceptions. The only thing not to like is the result.
The non-NYCFC narrative will be that Almiron didn’t play the second half.

Remember that Almiron didn't play the second half and he's a big play marker for Atlanta.

Nonetheless, we dominated possession and the game especially in the second half. There was a good 20 minutes where Atlanta couldn't clear the ball into our half. We kept pushing and pushing but couldn't finish our chances. Guzan was a magnet today. It should be three points, but I'll settle for one today if we can play like that the rest of the season, home and away, and put away our chances against Toronto and Columbus.

Isi is our best player.

But I’m super happy people are starting to see that Ofori is quality. He’s a head up player.

We win that game if Berget and Sweat or one of either start on the bench.

Not if we hit the post so much. And Villa has to be less selfish, or more specifically take better shots that aren’t reminiscent of 2015 I’m gonna do everything Villa.[/QUOTE
I appreciate the consistency of your takes.

The biggest takeaway from this game is NYCFC played their 3-5-2 against a quality opponent and dominated. Atlanta could not move the ball through the midfield and we all saw how NYCFC dominated on the attacking end.

Ring was fucking massive. No other way to describe it.

Were we in a 3-5-2? I thought we were in a 4-3-3 with Berget starting in the middle and Villa out wide?

But on MLS and Whoscored it’s listed as a 3-4-3, so who knows?

But Ring seemed much higher up the pitch today then he has when he was the 3rd CB

Last edited:
We’re we in a 3-5-2? I thought we were in a 4-3-3 with Berget starting in the middle and Villa out wide?

But on MLS and Whoscored it’s listed as a 3-4-3, so who knows?
It got a bit weird when Medina came in for Ofori and Lewis came in for Sweat. Most of the match before the subs looked like a 4-3-3 to me, but then I was also spending a lot of time explaining things to a visitor I brought with me, so...

It got a bit weird when Medina came in for Ofori and Lewis came in for Sweat. Most of the match before the subs looked like a 4-3-3 to me, but then I was also spending a lot of time explaining things to a visitor I brought with me, so...

"A bit weird" = completely fucking dominant. I have no idea what formation we were playing in that last 20 minutes, but I was less focused on that than the fact that we were all over them. Whatever Vieira did worked, big time.

"A bit weird" = completely fucking dominant. I have no idea what formation we were playing in that last 20 minutes, but I was less focused on that than the fact that we were all over them. Whatever Vieira did worked, big time.

What he did? What he did is scrape the dookie off our shoes.

From here forward, if Lewis doesn’t appear, you can presume we don’t want to actually win.

Solid start to the game. Atlanta took the upper hand at the end of the first and start of the second, and then we totally dominated.

Ring was MOTM. Huge in breaking them up time and again.

Ofori was solid today. Really showed what he can be for us.

Liked the CBs. Villa was fine. The usual workhorse who created a lot for us. Needed to finish better.

Berget was good today. Don’t get the complaining. He was a solid outlet in the air and helped create real chances.

Don’t really know who there is to complain about except the guy who put goals out there that were only 7.5 yards wide.