Away 05/10 - Red Bulls

I'll stay positive and say we have a (temporary) upgrade on Brovsky at LB. Yea Allen got burned too many times defensively but he provided more going forward in the second half than Brovsky had all season. The ball into Mullins was class as well.

Reactions: Gene
No matter what is thrown at them, no matter how deep the hole, they will find a way to bounce back and overcome this adversity.

I'll stay positive and say we have a (temporary) upgrade on Brovsky at LB. Yea Allen got burned too many times defensively but he provided more going forward in the second half than Brovsky had all season. The ball into Mullins was class as well.
I think he played what he was asked to play. Williams was probably expected to help when he pushed forward. Also don't blame him on the goal there was NO ONE marking BWP

Reactions: jguab2
I agree. The team was never in this match. Looked like they were totally overwhelmed by the occasion.
It's a shame that we had to play this way against the Red Bulls. Now we'll have to put up with their fans talking trash until the next game.

We learned that we literally haven't got a clue going forward. Not sure what goes on in practice but when one of our guys has the ball the rest of the team stands around like statues. Any pass made in anticipation of a team mate continuing his run after dishing the ball off is intercepted because the team mate turned off.
It's honestly driving me insane to see play like this.
I just want some fucking movement off the ball. Create passing lanes. Get into space. The reason we have 60% + possession every game is we stand around with the damn ball before doing a damn thing with it.
Also NEVER someone running to the back post. Box is usually empty on crosses. Holy shit it's going to be a long season.
Agree. I'll be the first to admit I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to tactics, but it sure seems to me there are too many guys not only standing around, but standing around with their effing backs to the net! Can't make any sort of runs into space like that. Coincidence our one goal came with Mullins facing the goal? :rolleyes:

We learned that we literally haven't got a clue going forward. Not sure what goes on in practice but when one of our guys has the ball the rest of the team stands around like statues. Any pass made in anticipation of a team mate continuing his run after dishing the ball off is intercepted because the team mate turned off.
It's honestly driving me insane to see play like this.
I just want some fucking movement off the ball. Create passing lanes. Get into space. The reason we have 60% + possession every game is we stand around with the damn ball before doing a damn thing with it.
Also NEVER someone running to the back post. Box is usually empty on crosses. Holy shit it's going to be a long season.

"Your clearly dont understand. Kreis is a genius and Jacobsen and Grabavoy are simply untapped geniuses on the pitch. We back pass to our team and pass forward to Red Bull Players. Nothing so revolutionary in the football world has be done before. Kreis's secret strategy will pay off once we hit 100% possession.At that point we still wont attempt to finish because we subbed off David Villa but at least we can say we dominated possession. Youll see. It involves carefully subbing off your best players and leaving on your worst in the hope that something will change. "

The trash talk will not end until the Next rematch. We are going to have to really show our strength at home.
I hope the guys can pick their heads up and move on from this horrible performance. Their's still a whole bunch of the season left to be played. Hopefully we can win some of those other games this season. :)

Things to say if Red Bull fans berate you:
1. You only have one trophy in 20 years. We have 19.5 years to do better.
2. If your second biggest accomplishment is beating an expansion team, your franchise has a problem.
3. Your stadium is in New Jersey.
4. You're owned by an energy drink whose main focus in sports is extreme sports. At least we're owned by a football organization.

NEW YORK IS BLUE.

Last edited:
Honestly, I should take back what I said about Grabavoy. He's been trying but its not working out here.

Hopefully he goes elsewhere and finds happiness and prosperity but its not going to be here.