Away 06/20 - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
in for at least a draw.

FYI I just realized its going to be lots of sort of consecutive games with canadian teams. We played Montreal, toronto tonight away, then RB, then back out to Montreal and then at home against toronto.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Seeing rain in the Bronx weather report for tonight. Suppose it's too much to hope if the Yanks get rained out they'll actually show our match on regular Yes?
i doubt it, they will probably show last nights game since it was AROD's 3000 hit. game

I'll be thrilled with a draw here. A win is too much to dream. Unfortunately, I think we are going to get crushed. Giovinco, Bradley and Altidore ( all well rested) vs. Jacobson , Hernandez and Facey (all three are on short rest). Yeesh

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
We are going to have a hell of a time trying to stop Giovinco.

I'll be thrilled with a draw here. A win is too much to dream. Unfortunately, I think we are going to get crushed. Giovinco, Bradley and Altidore ( all well rested) vs. Jacobson , Hernandez and Facey (all three are on short rest). Yeesh

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015...inco-best-goals-and-highlights-toronto-fc-mls

Look at Giovinco cut in from the outside. Are either Wingert & Brovsky going to start as FB? Because I don't see them shutting him down. If RJ Allen starts, at least he only went 73 minutes, not 120. But Facey played 120, so will Kreis start Watson-Siriboe at CB? Ugh

Reactions: FootyLovin
http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015...inco-best-goals-and-highlights-toronto-fc-mls

Look at Giovinco cut in from the outside. Are either Wingert & Brovsky going to start as FB? Because I don't see them shutting him down. If RJ Allen starts, at least he only went 73 minutes, not 120. But Facey played 120, so will Kreis start Watson-Siriboe at CB? Ugh
Maybe this will be the game our defenders actually play like professionals and not a U-11 girls team. They're bound to play well at some point. Why can't that be now?

*edit*

After watching that video I'm convinced we're going to be torched by Giovinco.

Should I curl into a ball and start crying now or after Giovinco scores/torches our defense.

The only way our defense is gonna stop Giovinco is if he's on the bench and doesn't play in this game.

Last edited:
Are we playing Barcelona tonight and no one bothered to tell me? Toronto is a good team and we're the underdogs. We might even finally get drubbed which despite our record we haven't been at all but we're not playing the greatest team of all time, jebus.

Predictions!

Poku scores
Villa scores
Facey denies Giovinco twice
Brovsky is surprisingly impactful
Wingert gives up a penalty
Saunders saves the penalty kick

Toronto wins 3-2

Yeah, much like Seattle, I don't think we can go after these guys. I'd like for us to give them the ball for a good bit, and for us to absorb some pressure.

Bradley and Gio are in the form of their lives. They could carve us up anyway, but there's no reason to let them feast off of stupid giveaways that several of our guys are prone to make. Add in Jozy, who's likely bigger and faster than any defender we have, and it's a recipe for a tough match.

I hate 0-0 matches, but we should play for that.

Hopefully I can run into some NYCFC fans at BMO Field TN! If I do I'll buy you a beer! I'l be decked out in NYCFC gear and my Villa jersey!

Reactions: whill4 and JayH
the man city youth team often seem to play weekend, midweek, weekend so facey should be fine. i think with our defense and their offense they are going to score so we would be better off not trying to play for a 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.