Away - 7/26 Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear u. Living in Tampa I thought there might be a few folks down here or some traveling fans to connect with.

Of course. I will NOT be sitting in the away supporter section for this one. Even though it's a Thursday night and the away contingent will not be many for this game, there have always been issues between Orlando, NYCFC, and the police. So I'm sitting near the away bench for this one.

Of course. I will NOT be sitting in the away supporter section for this one. Even though it's a Thursday night and the away contingent will not be many for this game, there have always been issues between Orlando, NYCFC, and the police. So I'm sitting near the away bench for this one.
If you see a couple of extra tickets anywhere near u let me know.

Anybody hear why this game is Thursday and not Wednesday when both teams play again on Sunday? Especially us who have the second longest trip in MLS in between? Other teams are playing Wednesday.

Reactions: Shwafta and adam
Anybody hear why this game is Thursday and not Wednesday when both teams play again on Sunday? Especially us who have the second longest trip in MLS in between? Other teams are playing Wednesday.

Well, MLS likely wants the national TV coverage and it's Wednesday Night Baseball on ESPN on Wednesday.

There's a doubleheader on Thursday. Orlando-NYCFC at 8 PM then LAFC-LA Galaxy at 10:30 PM.

I would assume the questionable is based on fitness. It's been a while for a lot of these injured forwards. Thankfully, our defense has been incredibly sound and OCSC's defense is subject even in their wins. Still, I think this team could get at least a point in Orlando:

Medina------------ Lewis
---------- Maxi
----Mata------Ring
------------Ofori
Sweat-----------------Tinner
-------Callens---Chanot
------------SJ

Seeing any of the injured guys give 30 minutes would be fantastic. And hopefully one will be fully fit for Seattle.

I would assume the questionable is based on fitness. It's been a while for a lot of these injured forwards. Thankfully, our defense has been incredibly sound and OCSC's defense is subject even in their wins. Still, I think this team could get at least a point in Orlando:

Medina------------ Lewis
---------- Maxi------------
----Mata------Ring
------------Ofori
-------Callens---Chanot
------------SJ

Seeing any of the injured guys give 30 minutes would be fantastic. And hopefully one will be fully fit for Seattle.

If Lewis starts I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do in the middle, he's got the offense part down and it plays to his strengths on defense the let him fill the Villa chase role in the high press. He's had success causing disruption and winning the ball back from defenders while his effectiveness/willingness to track back the way our wings do is still TBD so why not put him in the middle and let him do his thing. It would allow us to stick with the 4-3-3 as well.

Medina------Lewis------ Mata
---------- ---Maxi--------------
-----Ofori----------Ring-------
-------Callens---Chanot
------------SJ

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'd go for the win at Orlando and hope for the best vs. Seattle.

It's easier to win in Orlando with the long rest then against Seattle on short rest and long flight. I wouldn't go for a balance roster. A (healthy) roster vs. Orlando then A/Backups vs. Seattle.

But how cool would 5 points out of our next 2 matches be?

giphy.gif

Orlando City v New York City
Orlando City Stadium (8:00PM ET)
REF: Robert Sibiga
AR1: Nick Uranga
AR2: Eric Weisbrod
4TH: Marcos DeOliveira
VAR: Chris Penso

Sibiga refereed NYCFC's 1-1 tie vs. Atlanta in June 2018. There were no penalties awarded for either team (We were shouting as Nagbe handed the ball in the box, unknowingly, when he was on the ground; And Berget was pulled down in the box though ruled offside). 2 yellow cards to each team. No red cards issue. No use of video review.

In 2017, he refereed our 1-1 draw in Dallas (4 YC, 1-DAL 3-NYC; 0 RC; 0 PKs), 2-1 win vs. Seattle (Pride Day Rain Storm 7 YC, 3-NYC 4-SEA; 0 RC; 1 PK for David Villa (if you recall people thought Jack Harrison deserved a PK but went uncalled this wasn't a clear PK and might be overturned under current video review), and 2-0 win at LA Galaxy (5 YC, 1-LAG 4-NYC); 0 RC; 0 PKs)

Last edited:
Orlando City v New York City
Orlando City Stadium (8:00PM ET)
REF: Robert Sibiga
AR1: Nick Uranga
AR2: Eric Weisbrod
4TH: Marcos DeOliveira
VAR: Chris Penso

Sibiga refereed NYCFC's 1-1 tie vs. Atlanta in June 2018. There were no penalties awarded for either team (We were shouting as Nagbe handed the ball in the box, unknowingly, when he was on the ground; And Berget was pulled down in the box though ruled offside). 2 yellow cards to each team. No red cards issue. No use of video review.

In 2017, he refereed our 1-1 draw in Dallas (4 YC, 1-DAL 3-NYC; 0 RC; 0 PKs), 2-1 win vs. Seattle (Pride Day Rain Storm 7 YC, 3-NYC 4-SEA; 0 RC; 1 PK for David Villa (if you recall people thought Jack Harrison deserved a PK but went uncalled this wasn't a clear PK and might be overturned under current video review), and 2-0 win at LA Galaxy (5 YC, 1-LAG 4-NYC); 0 RC; 0 PKs)
Good stuff.

Small nit. The David Villa penalty call was soft. The Harrison incident was clearly a penalty, but as you said, no VAR.

Game was nearly impossible to officiate anyway, with everyone sliding all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.