Away - 9/1 Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if that Adductor injury is actually a sports hernia?!?
Highly doubt it. Most adductor injuries are much lower than a usual hernia spot, but I guess it depends on your musculature. A lot of these pulls happen in the "chub rub" area" and are just really stubborn and hard to heal.

Reactions: gbservis
My guess is he's going to invert the midfield. Ring as the only D-Mid. Maxi with Awuah or McNamara pulling the strings.

Please note that I don't think we SHOULD play McNamara, but he's basically one of only two options for that role.

Here's another option. Castellanos can also play as an attacking mid, right? Maybe Dome goes with this:

ITS-Villa-Lewis
----Maxi-Taty---
--------Ring-----
Sweat-Chanot-Ibby-Tinnerholm
Johnson

If we do that, we basically have no attacking subs available aside from maybe Matarrita and Wallace. But it's probably the strongest 11 players we can put out there. Unless you want Mata in the XI, too.
TBH I don't think we see Castellanos in the Starting XI. He was out a couple weeks and we are going to need him to play a significant role with our international call-ups the next two games. He'll sub on and get 20-30 minutes.

TBH I don't think we see Castellanos in the Starting XI. He was out a couple weeks and we are going to need him to play a significant role with our international call-ups the next two games. He'll sub on and get 20-30 minutes.

If we had more depth on the roster I'd absolutely agree with you. But the other options are so unappealing, it makes me wonder whether Dome puts him there.

Last time we played Columbus, Dome subbed in Awuah to man-mark Higuain. I think it’s likely Awuah starts and he follows Higuain around all game

This probably seems like the most likely option.

For those wondering if James Sands will be available, he was in the 18 but did not feature in last night's game for Louisville City. His loan ends today.

I'm thinking how Sands would get from Louisville, KY to Columbus, OH. The drive is ~3.5 hours. Flying is about the same with connecting flights.

Did the Sheikh lend him a jet and crew?

Reactions: Kjbert
View attachment 9111

Bench: JLew, Rodfather, McNaMullet, Ooh Ah!, Sandman, 6-Train, Stoove
Seriously doubt Taty starts coming off an injury. Would also be surprised to see Mata get rewarded with a start after a premeditated red card. Dome even said Lewis is in line to start the next two matches.

If we had more depth on the roster I'd absolutely agree with you. But the other options are so unappealing, it makes me wonder whether Dome puts him there.

This probably seems like the most likely option.
You dont put a guy in a situation to hurt himself again because you are getting greedy during a road regular season match.

Reactions: Kjbert
Scally jersey in the post. Last time they did that...he didn’t even travel.

Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.