Barclays Premier League 15/16

Someone on Reddit explained the only way a Chelsea collapse of this could be possible is that their footballing talents and abilities were sucked away from them and transferred to the players of Leicester City, like in Space Jam.

The actual reason (at the very end):

Ted Lasso had some offseason coaching with Liechester.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatNYC and Z4CH3B99
Ranieri currently topping Mourinho in a "better" manager poll on the Mirror website. Either people are voting based on popularity or they are certifiable lunatics. Mourinho is a better manager than Ranieri on his worst day. Chelsea's position is every bit as freakish as Ranieri's current position. There's still a reason why Ranieri was one of the favourites to get fired this season. The man has been an underachieving loser for his entire managerial career and now suddenly he's this genius. OK he probably couldn't have had a much better season so far but there's no way in hell this will last. If I was their owner and believed Leicester City were genuine title challengers I would sack Ranieri tomorrow. The only thing that would stop me would be that anyone with the slightest common sense knows they aren't. Ranieri has at least admitted that himself.

Couldn't believe it on Blue Moon when someone said they wanted Man United to beat Leicester the other week. If you think Leicester will finish above United in the table you're off your head. Not being arrogant or demeaning towards them its just common sense. Lets see how ambitious their owners are this summer especially if they did manage to slip into 4th. Certainly can't see anything higher than that.

Stupid polls like that just remind me how worthless most views on the internet are.

Does Chelsea make a miraculous turnaround now that Mourinho has been sacked?

I wouldn't count on it. I think they will struggle the remainder of the season.
That's what I've been thinking, but for some reason everything that I've read and a bunch of people that I've talked to about it seem to think Chelsea was tanking to get him fired.

No professional would ever do that. That's cubeside politcs

Ahem...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-tradition-of-undermining-their-managers.html

I honestly think Chelsea will pick up for the rest of the season. I don't think they'll approach title-winning form (by which I mean a run of victories which you would expect a champion to achieve, not them miraculously racing back to the top of the league) or even reaching the CL places - I think that's beyond them now - but I reckon they'll recover strongly enough to finish in the top 6-8 or so and perform well enough that everyone by the end of the season just dismisses the first half as the result of a breakdown in relations between players and manager.

However, I would hardly complain if they do continue to struggle. It's sheer soap opera at the moment, and it's fascinating to watch.

Ahem...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-tradition-of-undermining-their-managers.html

I honestly think Chelsea will pick up for the rest of the season. I don't think they'll approach title-winning form (by which I mean a run of victories which you would expect a champion to achieve, not them miraculously racing back to the top of the league) or even reaching the CL places - I think that's beyond them now - but I reckon they'll recover strongly enough to finish in the top 6-8 or so and perform well enough that everyone by the end of the season just dismisses the first half as the result of a breakdown in relations between players and manager.

However, I would hardly complain if they do continue to struggle. It's sheer soap opera at the moment, and it's fascinating to watch.
Right. I define that article as cubeside politics. Everyone has their own view. I'm sticking to mine.

Right. I define that article as cubeside politics. Everyone has their own view. I'm sticking to mine.

I'm not really sure what cubeside politics means, but I'll point out that this is not exactly a fringe opinion in the British press that key members of the Chelsea dressing room will arrange for a manager to be shown the door if they grow tired of him. In fact it's pretty much taken as a statement of fact, even by the BBC which has a charter insisting that it must verify all facts before reporting them (hence why they are often one of the slower news sources to report a football story)

Also, a year ago Ashley Cole came out and said that the Chelsea players essentially got AVB sacked by refusing to work hard for him as they didn't really like him, so there's evidence from the players themselves too:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/11/11/ashley-cole-reveals-truth-behind-chelsea-sacking-andre-villas/

I'm not really sure what cubeside politics means, but I'll point out that this is not exactly a fringe opinion in the British press that key members of the Chelsea dressing room will arrange for a manager to be shown the door if they grow tired of him. In fact it's pretty much taken as a statement of fact, even by the BBC which has a charter insisting that it must verify all facts before reporting them (hence why they are often one of the slower news sources to report a football story)

Also, a year ago Ashley Cole came out and said that the Chelsea players essentially got AVB sacked by refusing to work hard for him as they didn't really like him, so there's evidence from the players themselves too:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/11/11/ashley-cole-reveals-truth-behind-chelsea-sacking-andre-villas/
There are many ways in which a team can force that hand of management for change. Which I believe was done in this situation. I don't believe the team did not go out and try to win every match.

There are many ways in which a team can force that hand of management for change. Which I believe was done in this situation. I don't believe the team did not go out and try to win every match.

At the end of the day this is one of those things we'll probably never know for sure. I do believe that there are teams and players who sabotage their manager either willfully or unintentionally by a lack of effort, however.

Manchester city to unvail new club badge on 26/12/15 .
Badge design coming into line with new York .
Fans surveyed and all we know as yet is the badge is going to be round with a ship in full sail over the 3 rivers.
Hopefully the end of the eagle 3 stars and Latin crap on the current badge

I'm not going to argue that Sunderland is a good measuring stick to see if "Chelsea's back" but the blues have a 2-0 lead in the 34th minute.

Fans are a tad miffed.......

1505594_1020479604698402_4394344691478616558_n.jpg

If Swansea wins tomorrow, then Chelsea is still one point from the bottom three. I'd rather see Chelsea be relegated than Man City win the title.

Again, Championship Day has Leicester City facing off against Chelsea. Depending on how the rest of the campaign turns out for both squads, that match can be one of the most interesting final games in the history of the premiership. (Said in the voice of Arlo White).