Barclays Premier League 15/16

Dimichelis totally whiffs on an attempted tackle and Rashford buries his shot to give United a 1-0 in the 16'.

LOL. I was just coming on to say that I hope this match puts an end to all the talk of him joining us in the summer.

Hart taken off on a stretcher in the 50'. That ain't good.
Yeah, was never really big on the talk of him joining. This match is a perfect example of why. I could forgive his lack of pace if he played smarter.

Damn if this game isn't reminding me of Friday night.

The match is being played in United's end and despite some great chances, City can't buy a goal.

Reactions: JayH
LOL. I was just coming on to say that I hope this match puts an end to all the talk of him joining us in the summer.

Hart taken off on a stretcher in the 50'. That ain't good.
Ha said the same about MDM in the players wanted thread.

Reactions: Gene
We could be heading towards the most Spursy thing ever: for Tottenham to finish ahead of every big team that has tormented them for decades, and finish second to Leicester.

I think they are a very good team and should be for the next few years. New stadium capacity along with pimping it out to the NFL a few times a year should give Spurs the cash to hold on to their top players for a change not to mention being in the CL. Still your right with Both Manchesters and Chelsea sure never to be weaker this might be their best chance for not just CL but to try to win the actual title. As one of few Americans to ever set foot in the City of Leicester (On more than one occasion) I'm loving seeing this but doubt they'll come anywhere close again next season. Could see how finishing second to them would feel like a blown opportunity.

Reactions: Ulrich
I think they are a very good team and should be for the next few years. New stadium capacity along with pimping it out to the NFL a few times a year should give Spurs the cash to hold on to their top players for a change not to mention being in the CL. Still your right with Both Manchesters and Chelsea sure never to be weaker this might be their best chance for not just CL but to try to win the actual title. As one of few Americans to ever set foot in the City of Leicester (On more than one occasion) I'm loving seeing this but doubt they'll come anywhere close again next season. Could see how finishing second to them would feel like a blown opportunity.
I agree with this substantially, and don't usually make sport of the Spurs, but this was too much for me not to note. As for Leicester, I have to think that almost everyone who has an interest in the sport and does not have a direct rooting interest against them has to be rooting for them.

They have a very shrewed chairman in Daniel Levy who gets fantastic transfer fees for his players, if they can keep the core of talent they have, keep Pochettino and add keep players, they have a legit chance in becoming a top team

Among other things in this magical season, Leicester City wins the prize for best looking pitch.

image.png

Any opinions on the officiating in the Leicester | West Ham Game?

1. Vardy gets his second yellow on a simulation call. I thought it was both a foul and simulation, and perhaps the best call was a no-call. The defender grabbed Vardy's arm then Vardy basically stepped into the defender and flopped.

2. West Ham gets a penalty awarded when Morgan wraps up a Hammer on a set play. Correct, except that ...

3. Leicester is then not awarded a penalty when Huth is wrapped on a set play in the other end.

4. With about 20 seconds left in added time, Leicester is awarded a penalty on a very iffy penalty just inside the box.

Overall I thought the game was unfortunately more about the ref than it needed to be. In the end I though items 2-4 more or less evened themselves out, but the Vardy decision, which was arguably correct but probably better left as a no-call cost Leicester 2 points. Vardy is also going to miss the Swansea game next week as a result.

Any opinions on the officiating in the Leicester | West Ham Game?

1. Vardy gets his second yellow on a simulation call. I thought it was both a foul and simulation, and perhaps the best call was a no-call. The defender grabbed Vardy's arm then Vardy basically stepped into the defender and flopped.

2. West Ham gets a penalty awarded when Morgan wraps up a Hammer on a set play. Correct, except that ...

3. Leicester is then not awarded a penalty when Huth is wrapped on a set play in the other end.

4. With about 20 seconds left in added time, Leicester is awarded a penalty on a very iffy penalty just inside the box.

Overall I thought the game was unfortunately more about the ref than it needed to be. In the end I though items 2-4 more or less evened themselves out, but the Vardy decision, which was arguably correct but probably better left as a no-call cost Leicester 2 points. Vardy is also going to miss the Swansea game next week as a result.
Yeah, I saw the Vardy red and it was BS. The arm grab came first on a guy in the box on a break away. Yellow first on defender and that's all it should have been, or a no-call completely. And the Huth hold was also BS. Didn't see the end PK.

Reactions: mgarbowski