• Castellanos

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Heber

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Villa

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Heber, simply because, at his prime, we played our most attractive football and, in my perception, our offense seemed less dependent on him.
While Villa and Taty had more longevity and Taty was key to our Cup run, both players tended to lead us into a less attractive (imo) style of play. Heber in 2019 was just magic. I loved every minute of it.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
The stuff that came out after he left ruins it, but the answer has to be Villa. He was a league MVP and was really incredible here in the early years. I know Taty won Golden Boot and MLS Cup, but Villa is the best striker in team history and it's not particularly close.

And finally, at the position I was least certain who would win, congratulations to David Villa, voted best Center Forward in NYCFC history.

The lines were clear, Villa played the most games, most minutes, and scored the most goals, but a post-departure scandal severely damaged his reputation.
Taty felt like a homegrown, developed from youngling to stud, and led the team to MLS Cup.
Heber is Heber.

In the end, enough voters chose to separate locker room misdeeds from on field performance and David Villa was voted best Center Forward in NYCFC history. The final lineup is:

lineup (11).png

Take it away Shwafta Shwafta with the 20233 edition of NYCFC Survivor!

Last edited:
And finally, at the position I was least certain who would win, congratulations to David Villa, voted best Center Forward in NYCFC history.

The lines were clear, Villa played the most games, most minutes, and scored the most goals, but a post-departure scandal severely damaged his reputation.
Taty felt like a homegrown, developed from youngling to stud, and led the team to MLS Cup.
Heber is Heber.

In the end, enough voters chose to separate locker room misdeeds from on field performance and David Villa was voted best Center Forward in NYCFC history. The final lineup is:

View attachment 13116

It really feels like we've played with this team before. Except for like Rodriguez... has this XI ever played together?
I guess Keaton came after Harrison/Villa?

Heber is Heber.

View attachment 13116

This just tells me that we've never really had a strong consistent RW or LB. Is Mata really the best we could do? Truthfully Harrison felt like he was here, then I sneezed, and Medina was in his spot.

It really feels like we've played with this team before. Except for like Rodriguez... has this XI ever played together?
I guess Keaton came after Harrison/Villa?

I don't think Keaton overlapped with guys like Villa and Harrison either.

Reactions: Shwafta
Last years with team
Harrison 2017
Villa 2018
Matarrita 2020
Ring 2020

First years with team
Keaton 2019
Santi 2021

So Keaton never played with Villa and Harrison, and Santi never played with them plus Ring and Mata. I think everyone else played with everyone.