mgarbowski

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 16, 2014
Queens, NY
mgarbowski.com
This is a long offseason. By hallowed tradition of 2 years, Survivor probably won't start for 2 months. So let's spend the time by picking a bunch of best of NYCFC categories. I am thinking about a Best 11, Best coach, Best season, Best off-season, Best bench player and maybe a couple more. Feel free to make recommendations responding to this thread.

Mods, maybe we could set up a sub-folder get to avoid cluttering the supporters discussion, and make it easier to find them?

First up will be Best Designated Player in NYCFC history.

Reactions: Shwafta
This is a long offseason. By hallowed tradition of 2 years, Survivor probably won't start for 2 months. So let's spend the time by picking a bunch of best of NYCFC categories. I am thinking about a Best 11, Best coach, Best season, Best off-season, Best bench player and maybe a couple more. Feel free to make recommendations responding to this thread.

Mods, maybe we could set up a sub-folder get to avoid cluttering the supporters discussion, and make it easier to find them?

First up will be Best Designated Player in NYCFC history.
(Survivor will prob start the week after MLS cup ends)

Best chant?

It's certainly going to be a long offseason. I'll make a subfolder now and put these threads in there. Thanks for thinking of the idea and creating the threads mgarbowski mgarbowski

Best Goal
Best Assist
Best Non-MLS Cup Moment (On-Field)
Best Moment (Off-Field)
Best Social Media Moment
Best NYCFC Meme
Best Kit
Best Non-Kit Item of Apparel/Scarf

And Best of the Worst...
Worst Referee Decision
Worst Moment (On-Field)

I would appreciate a poll called “Who?! The most forgotten players in NYCFC history.” You could making the baseline played a minute in any competition to knock out some real bottom dwellers. Or of course not add a baseline and have me really going “Who da fuq?”

Reactions: LionNYC
I would appreciate a poll called “Who?! The most forgotten players in NYCFC history.” You could making the baseline played a minute in any competition to knock out some real bottom dwellers. Or of course not add a baseline and have me really going “Who da fuq?”
wasn't there some dude named miguel camargo at some point?

What would we be voting on: of these five names I don't recognize, I don't recognize Tomasz Kelnor the most!

PS: Tomasz Kelnor is made up.

wasn't there some dude named miguel camargo at some point?

He reminds me of this fun question. Can you name all 13 players to score exactly one goal for NYCFC all-time? Only counting guys who are no longer here and did not play for NYCFC in 2023.

(Yes, Camargo is one of the guys).

The answer is in the quote.

Chris Gloster
Malte Amundsen
Andrea Pirlo
RJ Allen
Jefferson Mena
Andrew Jacobson
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Javier Calle
Ben Sweat
Yangel Herrera
Miguel Camargo
Sean Okoli
Andraz Struna (playoffs)

What would we be voting on: of these five names I don't recognize, I don't recognize Tomasz Kelnor the most!

PS: Tomasz Kelnor is made up.
Well, you put out 5 names from NYC past. Maybe I remember one of them. You’d be voting for the 4 names you don’t remember. Who has the most votes is the least remembered player. In this case that Shwafta highlighted above, he would not have voted for carmago, where I would have.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Another thought would be best incoming playing from an mls team. I’m not sure we have many aside from the 2015 team. But I see Perea and Mikey Lopez as a few options. CFG loves to bring in international players, who from mls have we brought in and gotten love from the fans?

Another thought would be best incoming playing from an mls team. I’m not sure we have many aside from the 2015 team. But I see Perea and Mikey Lopez as a few options. CFG loves to bring in international players, who from mls have we brought in and gotten love from the fans?
Sean Johnson, and I predict his ultimate successor Matt Freese will top this list.

Reactions: moogoo and JCMore