Blues Again Pursuing Spanish Gk, Iker Casillas

Any thought that Johansen would get his start away from Yankee Stadium so there wouldn't be a dramatic fan reaction against him in person?
If Johansen plays in YS, there will be a dramatic fan reaction for him. The crowd will go nuts when he takes the field.

Good nuts or bad nuts? The team educated fans should be happy.
Good nuts. The uneducated fans won't care and won't voice an opinion. The SG sections will likely be heard across the stadium with their positive support.

Good nuts. The uneducated fans won't care and won't voice an opinion. The SG sections will likely be heard across the stadium with their positive support.
Ehhhhh.... I'm definitely in the pro-Johansen camp but I can guarantee you if he starts people will be upset and if he lets in a goal you'll hear "we want Saunders" chants.

The uneducated fans will care and WILL voice an opinion. There were plenty of people asking about Poku or Lampard in the last few games, a large contingent chanting "we want Poku" during the game he wasn't even on the bench and after we had made three substitutions.

Ehhhhh.... I'm definitely in the pro-Johansen camp but I can guarantee you if he starts people will be upset and if he lets in a goal you'll hear "we want Saunders" chants.

The uneducated fans will care and WILL voice an opinion. There were plenty of people asking about Poku or Lampard in the last few games, a large contingent chanting "we want Poku" during the game he wasn't even on the bench and after we had made three substitutions.
Agreed. I'm in the supporters section (237) and there are a ton of uneducated fans in that area.

Agreed. The forum can't even agree, why would the stadium?

I would say:
Tourists/Randos: no opinion
Casual regulars: upset
Supporters: split, with loud voices on both sides

I have been adding "to work harder at practice" to the end of the we want poku chants around my section.

So is Villa. Should we make him our 3rd string striker?

no because there is no one in the team that is better than him.

for casillas, probably only better than rawls...to me i might as well keep saunders in from him, cheaper price and not piss away a DP spot on him....johansen deserves a shot for number 1, yes young mistakes will happen....but its better from him than a "veteran" like casillas/ saunders. there is a potential upside with Johanssen

i want the team to get younger not older....like the crazy idea was floating around here they wanted buffon to start here...come on, both those GK are legends no doubt but i dont think this to be the direction the team goes for.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The top 3 keepers in salary last season were hamid, ousted, and rimando. Those are the only three guys I believe that make over 300k. If we are paying big money for a keeper, they better be one of the best keepers in the league or else we are at a big competitive disadvantage with how teams are utilizing their cap space.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The top 3 keepers in salary last season were hamid, ousted, and rimando. Those are the only three guys I believe that make over 300k. If we are paying big money for a keeper, they better be one of the best keepers in the league or else we are at a big competitive disadvantage with how teams are utilizing their cap space.
BUT BUT I know Iker from TV. Who cares if it makes sense or not?

Reactions: gbservis
After reading through the new pages on this thread I'm going to be so disappointed when Saunders starts today, which will change to throwing things after I see his blank "meh" look after he picks another ball out of his net.

I know what Saunders can give us. Start Lurch just freaking once.

All those guys on FB who want Mix benched so badly will be really angry if Saunders doesn't play.
Would be great then to piss them off twice by playing Mix and Lurch.

Reactions: JayH
When we were all working through the question of why Poku wasn't playing, we eventually learned/figured out that he wasn't showing the level of effort, stamina, positioning during practice that earned him a spot.

Why aren't we getting the same analysis here? Saunders has certainly done enough to earn another GK a chance. So if no one else is getting a chance, I have to believe that something is happening in practice that is limiting PV's view of what Lurch can bring.

Does anyone have insight to GK practice sessions and what is happening there?

How bad do you have to be in practice to be unable to get a chance vs a keeper having as bad a six game stretch as Saunders.

Reactions: Ulrich
How bad do you have to be in practice to be unable to get a chance vs a keeper having as bad a six game stretch as Saunders.
In a way, that's my point. I wonder if there is something noteworthy happening behind the scenes that has prevented PV from at least attempting that switch.

In a way, that's my point. I wonder if there is something noteworthy happening behind the scenes that has prevented PV from at least attempting that switch.
That's the only thing I can think. Why else could Vieira be so married to Saunders if he isn't even blocking shots any more