Bronx Ale House

Jason

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 17, 2014
I decided to watch a game at one of the Pub Partners outside of the city closer to me for the first time.

I have been to Bronx AleHouse before and know it has great beer selection and good food. I wasn't expecting a large turnout but as a "Pub Partner" I assumed the sound would be on.

It was a hassle to get the sound on and once on the rude comments about soccer and the MLS made the soccer fans there feel as if we were not welcomed. They then turned the sound down to a point where it was almost inaudible and would play music at any opportunity they could get.

I love the place but would never watch a game there again. How are the bars in Westchester? Mickey Spillane's is probably closest to me.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
There are a lot of pub "partners" in the city that just show games with music over the top. I don't think they should be given pub partner status when we're just treated as a sideshow. Honorable exceptions are Ryan's Daughter, Nevada Smiths and Legends (and doubtless plenty of others)

That is not how a pub partner should be. You should call the club and let them know about that.

If you want to watch in Westchester, I recommend you go to Ron Blacks in White Plains. They have the game on projector and surround sound, designated area right in front and great food and drink specials.

That is not how a pub partner should be. You should call the club and let them know about that.

If you want to watch in Westchester, I recommend you go to Ron Blacks in White Plains. They have the game on projector and surround sound, designated area right in front and great food and drink specials.
Thanks for the heads up I will be sure to check out next away game there. I agree these "Pub partners" should not have such status.

Reactions: gulggilandia
Totally agree.. just like Bar 43 in Queens is an "official pub partner" but to BOTH NYCFC and RED BULLS..???!!! and has a red bulls jersey at the bar but the NYCFC gear is buried somewhere you can't even see... I hope the club takes notice of these issues and remedies them....

Do all bars have blaring music when a game is on? I like to hear the commentators and the by play by play to learn the game, this is why I prefer to watch at home- replay, rewind, pause. However now having a team close to my heart and in support of NYCFC, I do occasionally go to watch at Ryans Daughter. Last Sunday was the best viewing party I have attended . On the first floor The bartender tunned in the game at a bigger TV screen, and the best was the close captioning , I couldn't hear it but I could read the comments. I will request this and any bar who caters to my wishes, I will be their devoted patroness.

Reactions: Tony L
I decided to watch a game at one of the Pub Partners outside of the city closer to me for the first time.

I have been to Bronx AleHouse before and know it has great beer selection and good food. I wasn't expecting a large turnout but as a "Pub Partner" I assumed the sound would be on.

It was a hassle to get the sound on and once on the rude comments about soccer and the MLS made the soccer fans there feel as if we were not welcomed. They then turned the sound down to a point where it was almost inaudible and would play music at any opportunity they could get.

I love the place but would never watch a game there again. How are the bars in Westchester? Mickey Spillane's is probably closest to me.

I am with you on the blaring music and has made me wonder if this a common practice at all these bars? I don't go to many bars so have no way to gauge the differences.

How are the bars in Westchester? Mickey Spillane's is probably closest to me.
I go to Mickey's regularly to watch Liverpool games, although I've never watched an NYCFC game there. The owner, Stephen Carty, is a huge sports fan and a really, really good guy. I bet he'd be happy to accommodate NYCFC fans- I know I'd go there to watch away games if I knew other supporters were going to be there too. If I'm going to travel all the way to White Plains, I'd rather go into the city to watch games- but Mickey's would be a nice closer to home place to watch.