Campeones Cup - September 14 - Atlas (Home)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Atlas FC
Wednesday, September 14 7:30 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
ESPN2, Univision

We find out in June who the opponent is? When does their season end?

We find out in June who the opponent is? When does their season end?

in July. Thats when they host the "supercup" basically where apertura and clausura champions against each other and the winner faces nycfc. So far is atlas vs who ever wins clausura.

Which makes the high ticket prices more understandable. If your opposing fans are guaranteed to show up, might as well gouge them.

yea I agree. Just sad that we can't pack the stadium for this with home fans. though, i would expect it to be somewhat like the pumas leagues cup game last year crowd wise. i don't recall if pricing for that was similar or not.

Reactions: mgarbowski
yea I agree. Just sad that we can't pack the stadium for this with home fans. though, i would expect it to be somewhat like the pumas leagues cup game last year crowd wise. i don't recall if pricing for that was similar or not.

nycfc has not packed the stadium since 2015. Sold out in terms of "allotment" probably 2017 ish?

So what do we think is going to happen with this game? Glorified friendly or actual attempt to win. Mind you its 3 days before a NJRB game and would be the 4th game in a 10 day window.

So what do we think is going to happen with this game? Glorified friendly or actual attempt to win. Mind you its 3 days before a NJRB game and would be the 4th game in a 10 day window.
I think this will be a big game for the club with real intent to win it. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Magno and Maxi start on the bench.

like the RB US open game. Barazza starts and half starters.

like the RB US open game. Barazza starts and half starters.
That really wouldn't be like the USOC game.

Barraza really was the only "second teamer" starting that one aside from Thiago Andrade for Talles Magno. There have been many games without Maxi in the XI and Santi at the 10, especially considering the match congestion going on at the time.

That really wouldn't be like the USOC game.

Barraza really was the only "second teamer" starting that one aside from Thiago Andrade for Talles Magno. There have been many games without Maxi in the XI and Santi at the 10, especially considering the match congestion going on at the time.

man i really though it was like 3/4 players that were "subs". still, i dont think they go all out on this game. they kinda can't if they want to be fully ready for RB in the last regular season game at yankee stadium,

Chance at silverware vs playoff positioning... I say Cushing goes for it
I agree. As much as fans prioritize derby games over this Cup, I think the club - up and down the line - will want to go for hardware.
If the team prioritizes the Red Bull games it will be for a reason other than the rivalry. This would include if NYCFC is in a fight for the Shield, or 1st place in East, or the last 1st round home game slot. The Shield and needing to scramble for a single home game seem unlikely right now, so it likely comes down to whether we or the Union pull away. Between NYCC and the Union there is a busy schedule with a combined 15 games scheduled in between now and then, so anything is possible.

Last edited:
We don't deserve to win this, but somehow I think this may be the only game we win the rest of the season. Or not. We may lose them all.

Reactions: moogoo