Cosmos postgame

Mullins is shitty and lazy - never runs.

That field was plastic and ball bounced everywhere - for a rich club they really pussed out on getting us a real playing surface.

Coincidence that Hernandez subs on and a goal is scored ?

All the subs sucked - Medhi was gassed and was still out there. Does Vieira have a feel for the roster?

Shelton is beyond horrible. No tactical sense.

How is Saunders considered better than Lurch? He did everything asked of him until the Kosmos got a free header in the 6yrd box.

Will the club ever take a derby game seriously ? Or are we as fans subject to crap performances and lineups every time?

After that shit performance and lineup, especially after the lip service of taking the cup seriously, I'm having a hard time rationalizing why I should care as passionately about the team as I do?!? It's far cheaper to stay home and watch the game on tv then to buy three season tickets, concessions, and swag. Is the Intern reading this??? Go tell you boss Claudio and/or Jon that the club is disgraceful and leaves the fans wanting. Seriously.

So NJRB go up against a 3rd Division team and play Kljestan, Collin, Zizzo & McCarty for the full 90 and BWP goes 67' and is subbed out for Grella.

[sarcasm]What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours[/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm not as pissed off as some others. I said it last year and I'll say it again; when this team takes the Cup seriously, so will I.

Does anyone know if the lineup the Cosmos put out there was their first team?

Doesn't matter. They won and can only play the team that's put in front of them.

Reactions: gbservis
And you don't want us to boo? Lol wut

Didn't see game but read game sucked

I'll just go out on a limb and say mix sucked? Kid has to go could probably spend his salary in a better way

Khiry sadly I think he's all speed and a product of the college system and don't truly develop their skill

Mullins garbage I assume probably flashes to that Columbus last minute miss

EDIT: MIX WAS CAPTAIN???!!! LOL fuck no wonder we lost

And you don't want us to boo? Lol wut

Didn't see game but read game sucked

I'll just go out on a limb and say mix sucked? Kid has to go could probably spend his salary in a better way

Khiry sadly I think he's all speed and a product of the college system and don't truly develop their skill

Mullins garbage I assume probably flashes to that Columbus last minute miss
Mix was fine - definitely not the problem out there. On the other hand, Mullins should be traded for a bag of balls & Shelton for a metal practice dummy.

We fuckin NYCFC'ed it again.

That's also the result of putting out the second string team. Pirlo would have done a job in there and Villa would have finished off at least one of those chances against that well dodgy keeper.

Poku looked like at times he wasn't fit enough or trying hard enough, which seems to be Vieira's assessment of him. I would have taken Mullins off (assuming we had someone to replace him with) and putting Super Jack Harrison on with 4 mins to play (including injury time) is a joke.

Ah well, on the plus side, after the next game i'm still going to have most of my day left to do something else.

ETA: The big goalie seemed assured in there, not a bag of nerves like Saunders is (that dude looks like he hasn't slept for a couple of days every time he plays).

EATA: Also thought Mikey did OK in the destroyer role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
This franchise continually gives lip service to its fans about everything, so should we really be surprised their, "We care about the US Open Cup, really, we do" was all lip-service?

A disrespectful XI, and what was he waiting for on the Harrison sub? Was he hoping we'd score so he wouldn't have to use Jack with the Philly game on Saturday? That's not taking a competition seriously, that's hoping you can escape with a result, but not really trying to go out and get the result.

The nickname of this team should be the NYCFC Lip Services.

Also, Mix Diskerud, I don't know what's wrong with the guy, but he's probably the single biggest problem on the roster right now. One of our highest-priced players, he's been terrible for two seasons. His cap hit is holding this team back, and it's the single biggest roster issue at the moment.

I could understand Harrison not playing. I could understand him playing 90. I could understand him playing 30 and I could even understand him playing 20.

But there is simply no way to understand him playing 2.

And how did Tommy Mac get in the dog house?

Mix salary $761,250

David Accam $770,938
Jermain Jones $650,000
Matt Besler $733,250
Dom Dwyer $618,750
Graham Zusi $732,102
Ignacio Piatti $425,000
Laurent Ciman $661,667
Kai Kamara $1,000,000
Lee Nguyen $500,000
Sacha Kljestan $687,500
Bradley Wright-Phillips $710,000
Fanendo Adi $712,500
Diego Valeri $550,000
Kyle Beckerman $750,000
Javier Morales $590,000
Nick Rimando $420,000
Chris Wondolowski $700,000
Octavio Rivero $890,850

What the hell was CFG thinking??? He's as much of an albotoros as Cookie Burger. This team is unfixable with those 2 on our roster.

I could understand Harrison not playing. I could understand him playing 90. I could understand him playing 30 and I could even understand him playing 20.

But there is simply no way to understand him playing 2.

And how did Tommy Mac get in the dog house?
Not to defend PV's decision, but wasn't Jack waiting with the 4th ref before the goal? I think PV was expecting him to play 35 minutes, unless he won it first.