Cristiano Ronaldo Countdown/ Speculation

The earliest we could sign him is January 2017 when all our DP contracts run out. Pirlo and Lampard are definitely not re-signing. Villa will probably resign as he'll be 35, so maybe he gets one or two more years. So say we have two DP spots in 2017, NYCFC will probably want to use them right anyway unless they know that someone like Ronaldo is coming.

That leaves the question of who gets to wear number 7? Villa or Ronaldo?

Reactions: FootyLovin
There are a lot of athletes that own property in New York that don't play here. I don't see Tom Brady playing for the Jets/Giants but he has a place here, mainly because New York is fucking awesome and Gisele does a lot of work in the city for her career (she makes more money that he does).

The Red Bulls aren't going to dish out the big bucks. Miami, LAFC, and NYCFC are all the top options for him. If we have a stadium secured that when he arrives of when he's here that he'll be playing there, I think we're the top choice.

The earliest we could sign him is January 2017 when all our DP contracts run out. Pirlo and Lampard are definitely not re-signing. Villa will probably resign as he'll be 35, so maybe he gets one or two more years. So say we have two DP spots in 2017, NYCFC will probably want to use them right anyway unless they know that someone like Ronaldo is coming.

That leaves the question of who gets to wear number 7? Villa or Ronaldo?

David maraVilla is the legit owner of number 7. Ronaldo, thinks he is God gift to women. Please God let him not come to NYCFC. Send him to LA or whatever . Amen

There are a lot of athletes that own property in New York that don't play here. I don't see Tom Brady playing for the Jets/Giants but he has a place here, mainly because New York is fucking awesome and Gisele does a lot of work in the city for her career (she makes more money that he does).

The Red Bulls aren't going to dish out the big bucks. Miami, LAFC, and NYCFC are all the top options for him. If we have a stadium secured that when he arrives of when he's here that he'll be playing there, I think we're the top choice.
Good point. Buying a place here will cause speculation, and I think does deserve some consideration. But I still think he'll end up in Miami when he decides to move to MLS.

I just get the feeling that the city of Miami is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Flight to Lisbon is much shorter from NYC than LA. Ronaldo is a big fan of NYC. We also have a lot of money.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Good point. Buying a place here will cause speculation, and I think does deserve some consideration. But I still think he'll end up in Miami when he decides to move to MLS.

I just get the feeling that the city of Miami is Cristiano Ronaldo.
Yeah, me too. From the climate to the culture, it just seems like Miami might suit him more than NY, but I would be delighted to be wrong. Love him or hate him, you cannot deny he is an amazing player and any club would be lucky to have him.

Reactions: JayH
I don't understand the ones saying that he is not coming here or to MLS. He and his agent repeatedly have stated that he will come to MLS someday. His contract ends June 30, 2018, and I doubt he will resign with Madrid at that point. The only other move I could see besides MLS at that point would be Sporting. He would be 33 years old in 2018. Villa came here at 32, no? Beckham at 32. Keane at 30. Gerrard at 34. Thierry Henry 33. So 32-34 seems to be the magic number for MLS.

7drHiqr.gif

Yeah, me too. From the climate to the culture, it just seems like Miami might suit him more than NY, but I would be delighted to be wrong. Love him or hate him, you cannot deny he is an amazing player and any club would be lucky to have him.
My boss is from Portugal and he told me earlier in the year that Ronaldo loves NYC.