DFB Pokal final, 2017

Keith Putnam

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 4, 2015
Astoria
highwatermedia.com
Today! Eintracht Frankfurt v. Borussia Dortmund at the Olympiastadion in Berlin, 2:00 PM EDT.

I'm annoyed and perplexed that this match isn't being aired live on actual television (there's a rebroadcast at 7:00 PM on ESPN Deportes) in the US. Dortmund has a pretty solid following in the US... surely worth the ad time, no? Presuming ESPN holds the rights generally, they're prioritizing college softball and "NCAA Studio Update".

Anyway, I'll be pulling for Dortmund and wearing my Pulisic jersey today.

Last edited:
Pulisic just won another penalty.
Proved decisive, as they hold on to claim silverware. Great for him to get a trophy in his first full year.

Huge performance in UCL group stage, goal wins the tie in KO round, wins penalties for the goals that get them 3rd and the DFB Pokal trophy. So yeah, decent for his first full year as first team player.

ETA: the other American, Tim Chandler, was causing lots of problems for BVB from his spot at RWB before being subbed out late as the team was chasing. He had a hell of a year.

I was enjoying the occasional Chandler v Pulisic battles in the second half.

BVB, as usual, had defensive problems. But with an attack as dangerous as theirs, they can sometimes afford it. It was a fun match to watch, and all hail Soccer Jesus for the pseudo-assist on the gamewinning goal.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
7Xv1xDi.jpg

The boy from PA.