Did Us Soccer Just Have Its Two Week Ever?

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
Think about this, in the past two weeks, the USA has:

-Punched FIFA in the mouth and forced Blatter to finally hang it up.

-MNT beat the Netherlands in Amsterdam

- Men's U-23s beat England

-WNT beat Australia to start their world cup campaign

- Men's U-20s beat Colombia to advance to the quarterfinals in their world cup

-MNT beat Germany in Germany

Who knows? Maybe by the end of the month we'll be hosting a world cup, too.

*Mod, please edit to "best two weeks ever" damn interruptions.

VBANAp9.jpg

1999 Women's World Cup over China in PKs.
1930 World Cup Men's Third Place finish.

Beat yeah, it's been an awesome week. I really like our chances in the U20.

I wouldn't get too giddy over friendlies. Competitive matches are the time to judge
Can't we just take some time to be excited about the success of the USMNT and U.S. Soccer in general without someone being negative and saying, "It was just a non-competitive friendly. They (other team. Germany in this case) didn't even play their stars..."

Reactions: PB3 and mgarbowski
"They (other team. Germany in this case) didn't even play their stars..."

At one point or another during the match Germany fielded:

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Mesut Özil
André Schürrle
Ilkay Gundögan
Mario Götze (who scored their only goal)
Sami Khedira
Lukas Podolski

I feel nothing but good having the USMNT play against these guys and do well, even if it's "just" a friendly.

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Mesut Özil
André Schürrle
Ilkay Gundögan
Sami Khedira
Lukas Podolski

I feel nothing but good having the USMNT play against these guys and do well, even if it's "just" a friendly.
I feel like this makes the past two weeks even better! Lol

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Mesut Özil
André Schürrle
Ilkay Gundögan
Sami Khedira
Lukas Podolski

Agree Z4CH3B99 Z4CH3B99. Also worth keeping in mind that this was on German soil. No team, especially of that stature, likes getting beat in their own home. So yes, let's enjoy the big win(s).

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
These were legitimate sides from the Netherlands and Germany, who are in the midst of qualifiers for the UEFA Championship. Germany had many of their familiar guys in the midfield and up front. Their back line was younger, but let's face it = Germany have more depth than any country in the world.

A lot to be proud of this week, but also good to keep it in context. We were not as bad as those losses to Ireland and Colombia suggested, and we are not as good as these wins suggest.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
These were legitimate sides from the Netherlands and Germany, who are in the midst of qualifiers for the UEFA Championship. Germany had many of their familiar guys in the midfield and up front. Their back line was younger, but let's face it = Germany have more depth than any country in the world.

A lot to be proud of this week, but also good to keep it in context. We were not as bad as those losses to Ireland and Colombia suggested, and we are not as good as these wins suggest.
I hope that we can become as good as these wins sooner rather than later.

Bastian Schweinsteiger
Mesut Özil
André Schürrle
Ilkay Gundögan
Sami Khedira
Lukas Podolski

And they had the balls to play Rudy and Rutiger. It's like they were trolling us with those guys.