Ejected From Last Night's Game

If you throw things at players, you should be thrown out of the stadium. Full stop, no exception.

As for this being a Yankees vs Soccer thing, Yankee Stadium is notorious for clamping down on fan behavior. Alcohol used to be banned in the bleachers because the fans were "too rowdy." Rowdy. At a baseball game. Right.

It's something we'll have to deal with for as long as we're borrowing space from one of the lamest organizations in professional sports. And I say that as a lifelong Yankee fan.
To be fair, lots of stadiums in Europe don't allow drinking in seating area. Maybe one of our posters from across the pond can expand on that.

238 against portland... plenty of "NYC ain't nothin to fuck with" and "asshole" chants and securitas didn't say a word...

the bleacher creatures became infamous a few years back for this sort of shit, may explain part of the coming crackdown.

That's one thing to keep in mind. Yankee Stadium has had its battles with the bleacher creatures. That means they are going to be reluctant to allow our supporters to get away with things that they won't allow the baseball fans to do. If the bleacher creatures see soccer fans doing things they've been forbidden to do, they are going to test the stadium staff again.

Not saying it is fair or right - just that it is something the powers that be are having to consider.

Reactions: thesauerchise
To be fair, lots of stadiums in Europe don't allow drinking in seating area. Maybe one of our posters from across the pond can expand on that.
In England that's definitely the case. You can't even bring a beer back to your seat.

I'm only familiar with the Premier League ban on drinking 'within sight of the pitch' which was accomplished through legislation in 1985. I looked into it a little after taking a tour of Old Trafford a couple years ago, just because I was curious. It's an attempted means of social control, and came about after some particularly high profile spectator violence/incidents at the end of the 1984-95 season, drawing the attention of Thatcher. The efficacy of the law is certainly debatable though. See e.g. Geoff Pearson's chapter "Legislating for the Football Hooligan: A Case for Reform" in the book Law and Sport in Contemporary Society

Saw a few tossed last night in non-SG areas. Lady in 129 for smoking. A few guys in the 131/2 area for throwing things at the Timbers player during corner kicks.
Yeah smoking is definitely not tolerated at all in the stadium or indoors in NYC at all. Even in the Hard Rock Cafe they have a designated smoking area right outside.