Ejected From Last Night's Game

NYC_JC

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 18, 2015
Hello All,

I was removed last night from section 237 for participating in the "Fuck You Philly" and the "NYC Ain't Nothing to Fuck With" chants. I didn't start it, just participated. Security specially cited my participation in these two chants as the reason for my removal. Apparently, NOW they are deciding to enforce the zero-tolerance policy on cursing.

Worst of all, I was sober! Of course, I didn't want this to affect my season tickets so I was kind and cooperated.

Please note I am making this thread as a warning, not to trash YS employees. The guy who approached me was very nice and said his boss specially told him to remove some people chanting as an example of their newfound hard stance on profanity. I Guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...

I was told that my season tickets will be unaffected by the ejection.

P.S. - I heard I was not the only one. I also heard that the Front Office is aware and is pissed. Interesting to see how Sunday turns out. I'll be there!

Sorry to hear it and pretty surprised. I would have thought anything goes in that section. If this had occurred somewhere else, then it would be harder to complain. But, they presumably created the Supporters Section and the Family Corner for a reason.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Sorry to hear it and pretty surprised. I would have thought anything goes in that section. If this had occurred somewhere else, then it would be harder to complain. But, they presumably created the Supporters Section and the Family Corner for a reason.
This, even when you click to buy a 238 section ticket it mentions that its standing only no reserved seats and basically to be aware that there can be foul language.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Hello All,

I was removed last night from section 237 for participating in the "Fuck You Philly" and the "NYC Ain't Nothing to Fuck With" chants. I didn't start it, just participated. Security specially cited my participation in these two chants as the reason for my removal. Apparently, NOW they are deciding to enforce the zero-tolerance policy on cursing.

Worst of all, I was sober! Of course, I didn't want this to affect my season tickets so I was kind and cooperated.

Please note I am making this thread as a warning, not to trash YS employees. The guy who approached me was very nice and said his boss specially told him to remove some people chanting as an example of their newfound hard stance on profanity. I Guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...

I was told that my season tickets will be unaffected by the ejection.

P.S. - I heard I was not the only one. I also heard that the Front Office is aware and is pissed. Interesting to see how Sunday turns out. I'll be there!
this means we gotta start learning curse words in other languages then :D:D

I wonder how much this has to do with MLS itself? Didn't the league recently try to crack down on profanity coming from SG sections? I especially remember the flap over the "YSA" chants.

I get the impression that the expectations for soccer games are not being communicated to Yankee stadium staff. Every game there is also an attempt to enforce the no standing on the bleachers policy which also inevitably fails

Don't you think that someone at MCFC has the phone # of someone with the Yankees so they can explain how this whole soccer thingy works??????o_O
not only soccer, but many sports here in the USA. go to an NFL or even MLB game you hear the same thing.

You were not the only one. Securitas staff needs to chill out. They're working security at a sporting event. Not protecting the president.

The guy in our section "Antonio" I believe was really chill. He told people to get off the bleachers as he had to but didn't escalate anything.

It's his moronic supervisors that came down in power trips trying to get into it with everyone there. They're not going to "make an example" of anyone and I'm sorry you were the person chosen but this is ridiculous. The club needs to speak out for us.

I saw some folks in 236 getting semi-removed (they seemed to be allowed back after some talking-to/dressing down up on the concourse maybe?) for some cursing in chants - and then when security tried to be all intimidating and confrontational, instead of first asking politely not to curse - cursing at the security guards. I tried to discuss this in a polite way with one of them that this is a soccer match supporters section and shouldn't we be given a little flexibility, etc.?, and he got all in my face saying 'what would you do if someone cursed at you?!', as if it was a personal issue for him or something. I told him I definitely wouldn't summarily remove the 'offending' person from the grounds if I was in his position, since cursing at event security 1x is not a blanket removable offense IMO, and tried to have a rational discussion with him, to no avail.

Security as a whole really came down unnecessarily hard last night for any minor 'infraction,' and seemed to take things personally anytime anyone got upset regarding their unwarranted crackdowns. I even heard one of the guards after the game say 'this is a baseball stadium' so I assume he thinks us soccer supporters need to conform to the baseball security environment. Wonder if this is a function of what happened at the SKC match when we/they got all the bad media attention for a handful of racist guys who infiltrated the supporters section (thank you for keeping that in house whoever you were; did a world of good blasting that all over the internet and blowing stuff out of proportion).

And so far we haven't heard anything from MLS FO putting us on notice that what we are doing/saying is grounds for sanctions if it continues (right?), so until that happens, this just seems like typical YS no-fun at our grounds bs. For a team/FO (Yankees) that is so rah-rah 'Murica, they seem to love censoring the crap out of us for something as innocuous as some cursing here and there.

Wonder if this is a function of what happened at the SKC match when we/they got all the bad media attention for a handful of racist guys who infiltrated the supporters section (thank you for keeping that in house whoever you were; did a world of good blasting that all over the internet and blowing stuff out of proportion).

that exactly it, though i do feel this would of happened later on anyway but the SKC events probably brought this alot sooner.

My guess is they are less concerned with randomly yelled profanities, even if repeated, than with the chanted or sung profanities. It's become audible on TV during MLS matches and I suspect the league is cracking down because I have seen some references to the audible cursing on TV (not specifically at YS but at MLS generally).

My guess is they are less concerned with randomly yelled profanities, even if repeated, than with the chanted or sung profanities. It's become audible on TV during MLS matches and I suspect the league is cracking down because I have seen some references to the audible cursing on TV (not specifically at YS but at MLS generally).
do what univision does, mute it out or edit in noise over it.

Reactions: CP_Scouse and adam
You were not the only one. Securitas staff needs to chill out. They're working security at a sporting event. Not protecting the president.

The guy in our section "Antonio" I believe was really chill. He told people to get off the bleachers as he had to but didn't escalate anything.

It's his moronic supervisors that came down in power trips trying to get into it with everyone there. They're not going to "make an example" of anyone and I'm sorry you were the person chosen but this is ridiculous. The club needs to speak out for us.
If I'm being honest, the entire YS staff is way overly aggressive. I told one of the guys as I was walking out of the stadium to "Have a good night", and he screamed instructions as to how to leave the stadium at me for 20 seconds.

Sounds like the y just get the airport security and move them to the stadium on game nights. Did anyone yell at you to take off your shoes and take your laptop out of its bag?

Reactions: mgarbowski
This, even when you click to buy a 238 section ticket it mentions that its standing only no reserved seats and basically to be aware that there can be foul language.

I actually brought that point up with the security guard as he walked me out. He basically said that what the Ticket Master website says and what YS enforces are different.

I actually brought that point up with the security guard as he walked me out. He basically said that what the Ticket Master website says and what YS enforces are different.
false advertising then.

also then whats the point of having family sections if the rules there apparently are the same all over the stadium.