Expansion Rumors Megathread

Can't link from work, but a new tweet from @ArthurGuisa claims that a Silva and Beckham partnership might really be happening.

Nipon Chopra saying still no solid source for this though.

Reactions: sundance
Rumors that Sacramento's top brass are in Chicago for the ASG. It will be interesting to see who else is there. If it's just a couple groups, that would likely be indicative of what's going to happen next. If reps for all or nearly all 12 are there, which is what I would expect/assume, then nothing can really be gained from that information.

Rumors that Sacramento's top brass are in Chicago for the ASG. It will be interesting to see who else is there. If it's just a couple groups, that would likely be indicative of what's going to happen next. If reps for all or nearly all 12 are there, which is what I would expect/assume, then nothing can really be gained from that information.

I believe Tampa Bay is also there. I would assume that every expansion team is there in some capacity just to rub shoulders with MLS executives given they are holding a board meeting on Wednesday.

I think Sactown is a lock at this point. They have EVERYTHING MLS is looking for now.

So the MLS owners meeting happened this morning and no official announcement about Miami getting approval at 3:30 Eastern time.

Sounds about right.

So the MLS owners meeting happened this morning and no official announcement about Miami getting approval at 3:30 Eastern time.

Sounds about right.

If they make an official announcement, wouldn't it be more likely to be during the All-Star Game? Or even tomorrow, so it stands on its own as a news event?

There were rumors that Miami FC was planning an announcement for tomorrow, there's about a 1% chance that's it.

If they make an official announcement, wouldn't it be more likely to be during the All-Star Game? Or even tomorrow, so it stands on its own as a news event?

There were rumors that Miami FC was planning an announcement for tomorrow, there's about a 1% chance that's it.
Satellite link at between both games announcing Miami FC to be absorbed into MLS, terms TBD.

Reactions: Ulrich
dont think its miami fc since them and stockade fc went to CAS to "sue" or file complaint against USSF or MLS for not implementing pro/rel in USA

dont think its miami fc since them and stockade fc went to CAS to "sue" or file complaint against USSF or MLS for not implementing pro/rel in USA

Yep. Ridiculous behavior by both. I have followed the Stockade story with interest and liked what they were doing, but not anymore. Hard to see how this would even be enforceable in the U.S.