FA Cup 2016/2017

Seth

Registered
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 5, 2014
NYC
Well, non-league Lincoln City just beat EPL 12th-place team Burnley by a score of 1-0. Watching the match you would not have known Lincoln was 100 places below Burnley; could've easily been a Premiere League mid-table match. According to Wikipedia they hold the record for the most seasons in the Football League without reaching the top tier (104). Was a really good match. I love the FA Cup exactly for matches like this one.

Next up: Man City at Huddersfield Town (3rd in the Championship)

Well, non-league Lincoln City just beat EPL 12th-place team Burnley by a score of 1-0. Watching the match you would not have known Lincoln was 100 places below Burnley; could've easily been a Premiere League mid-table match. According to Wikipedia they hold the record for the most seasons in the Football League without reaching the top tier (104). Was a really good match. I love the FA Cup exactly for matches like this one.

Next up: Man City at Huddersfield Town (3rd in the Championship)

Not only that. They become the first non-league team to reach the FA Cup quarterfinals in 103 years.

…which ended in a 0-0 draw, to be replayed at some point with Man City at home this time.
David Wagner looking more and more likely to be the next American to manage in the Premier League. If he were older, he'd be my pick to take over the national team, but he almost certainly wants to keep rising through the club ranks. If they succeed in gaining promotion, he'll have gone from managing BVB II to the Premier League in two years.

Fun side note, Klopp was his best man.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...gner-jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-liverpool

Reactions: Ulrich
David Wagner looking more and more likely to be the next American to manage in the Premier League. If he were older, he'd be my pick to take over the national team, but he almost certainly wants to keep rising through the club ranks. If they succeed in gaining promotion, he'll have gone from managing BVB II to the Premier League in two years.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...gner-jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-liverpool
So both he and Klopp manscape their faces the same way? That pic in the article is a dark doppelgänger of Klopp

Do you mean through Huddersfield getting promoted or by him getting hired by someone in the future? He only just started there recently I think.
Crazy. Had no idea.

Do you mean through Huddersfield getting promoted or by him getting hired by someone in the future? He only just started there recently I think.

Crazy. Had no idea.
Huddersfield is in prime position to gain promotion on their own merits. If they don't make it, Wagner is one of the bright managers that could be given a shot via hiring. Would be better to move with Huddersfield to add the promotion badge to his CV.

Crazy. Had no idea.
What Ulrich said.

Always hear about the magic of the FA cup. Don't see it myself. Unless the underdog wins the games are boring and filled with bench guys. City fielded a B team. Happens every time. They don't take a lead and then sub in starters for the last 20 minutes. One of my least favorite competitions.

Always hear about the magic of the FA cup. Don't see it myself. Unless the underdog wins the games are boring and filled with bench guys. City fielded a B team. Happens every time. They don't take a lead and then sub in starters for the last 20 minutes. One of my least favorite competitions.

Like to know your thoughts on the Open Cup then, or worse, even the League Cup.

Like to know your thoughts on the Open Cup then, or worse, even the League Cup.
If the game is entertaining it's a different story. But the FA Cup doesn't get interesting until the quarters.
Our game against the cosmos last year was at least entertaining. Result sucked but a lot happened
giphy.gif

If the game is entertaining it's a different story. But the FA Cup doesn't get interesting until the quarters.
Our game against the cosmos last year was at least entertaining. Result sucked but a lot happened
giphy.gif
2 years ago. Last year made me contemplate giving up watching our team.

Reactions: adam and NYCFC_Dan