FIFA World Cup 2018 - Round of 16

Watching Denmark kind of sucks.

Obviously, everyone loves Modric and Rakitic. But I absolutely love Perisic going back to Dortmund. And I fell in love with Brozovic at Inter this year.

Brozovic is so freaking good. I think he has been the biggest difference maker for them from ‘14 to now. I don’t understand why top PL clubs aren’t all over him (or why they just ignored Perisic for forever).
Honestly wasn’t even too familiar with Brozovic due to not watching Italian league. He’s definitely surprised me more than anyone else. We always had a great defense and they’ve come up huge this time around too. Lovren has been dominant.

France are playing Argentina in a knockout match in one hour. Usually, the buidup and anticipation for such a game would be off the charts, but Argentina are such a hot mess that the contest is almost an afterthought.

So why exactly is Russia not playing today? They were the first team to finish the group stage, thus conventional wisdom would suggest they’re the first to start this round, but by playing tomorrow they get an extra day of rest.

Is it normal for the teams/matches to rejigger the order after the group stage, or are the hosts getting some homefield cooking?

So why exactly is Russia not playing today? They were the first team to finish the group stage, thus conventional wisdom would suggest they’re the first to start this round, but by playing tomorrow they get an extra day of rest.

Is it normal for the teams/matches to rejigger the order after the group stage, or are the hosts getting some homefield cooking?
Croatia finished 1st in their group as well and they’re playing tomorrow. Just the way they structured the knockout rounds.

Nothing odd here. 1a plays 2b and 1c plays 2d today. Tomorrow will be 1b vs 2a. And 1d vs 2c. Russia finished second in group A. They slot into the game tomorrow.

Not going to comment on who is the ‘goat’ but Ronaldo impressed me more than Messi today. Showed urgency and fight. Messi just appeared defeated the entire match. His body language was poor and when they went down 2 goals he barely wanted to jog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulrich
What an obnoxious man-child Suarez is.

Cavani is about eleven billion times more likeable than Suarez.
You dummy. I like Cavani alright. But come the fuck on.

That was one of the best dummies I’ve ever seen. And it isn’t possible if you aren’t Suarez.

One day, the world will actually get how hard it is to be him and how we won’t have another for
ages.
And we will all lament it.

Attachments

• 57B46455-2C64-426C-A2C9-F297BA4FC63B.jpeg
    57B46455-2C64-426C-A2C9-F297BA4FC63B.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 109