Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

Imagine Torres in and Lampard retained on a TAM deal.

F: Villa, Torres, Harrison
M: Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard
D: Matarrita, Chanot, Brillant, New RB
K: New GK

Now that, with the right depth, is a contender.
Replace Lamps with Schweinsteiger and have a double pivot or a slightly more mobile midfielder who knows how to hold onto and pass the ball. Granted, we lose Lampard's scoring touch but, in this scenario, we have Fernando Torres to more than make up for that. Slightly different formation than what you proposed, but I think this would lead to more possession, a stronger midfield, and one hell of an attack.

Basti can take over Mix's role of getting a decent amount of money but not being a DP, or a similar contract to De Jong's with LA, basically waiting a year or so for Pirlo to retire and then make money.

Reactions: gbservis
Replace Lamps with Schweinsteiger and have a double pivot or a slightly more mobile midfielder who knows how to hold onto and pass the ball. Granted, we lose Lampard's scoring touch but, in this scenario, we have Fernando Torres to more than make up for that. Slightly different formation than what you proposed, but I think this would lead to more possession, a stronger midfield, and one hell of an attack.

Basti can take over Mix's role of getting a decent amount of money but not being a DP, or a similar contract to De Jong's with LA, basically waiting a year or so for Pirlo to retire and then make money.
Hehe, so while we're at it might as well take a dive off the deep end.......

---- Villa----Torres----Harrison----
---------Pirlo-------Lampard---------
---------Bastian------Iraola-----------
----Mata-----Brillant------Chanot--

If Mata pushes forward, Brillant & Chanot shift left and Iraola drops to always keep three deep.

And with that lineup, not a single domestic player on the field except for the keeper..... better trade for a ton of International spots or fast track Harrison for citizenship (is the Dept of State Intern reading this?)....

Hating on RJ..... after he immediately gets an assist upon entering the game. Tough crowd.....

Not hating, love RJ.

Just channeling Veiria, who seems to like 3 CB capable defenders on the field for set pieces and to shift to a 3-man backline on the fly and let the other full back push up.

If RJ can't unseat Hernandez at RB in Veiria's system, we better all hope a new one is brought in this winter.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Hehe, so while we're at it might as well take a dive off the deep end.......

---- Villa----Torres----Harrison----
---------Pirlo-------Lampard---------
---------Bastian------Iraola-----------
----Mata-----Brillant------Chanot--

If Mata pushes forward, Brillant & Chanot shift left and Iraola drops to always keep three deep.

And with that lineup, not a single domestic player on the field except for the keeper..... better trade for a ton of International spots or fast track Harrison for citizenship (is the Dept of State Intern reading this?)....
This team could beat most teams in the world a few years back (even with Harrison and Mata as young teenagers).

I can't understate how big of a grain of salt to take this with since it's from The Sun:

The former Everton striker is attracting interested from China where teams are willing to pay huge money to sign him.

The Toffees are also interested in taking him back, but United would have to slash their asking price for that to happen.

The MLS is thought to be Rooney’s desired next destination with LA Galaxy, Orlando City, and New York City FC all interested.

The United source added: “Unless he starts scoring 30 goals a season again, then his huge wages are bringing a sharper focus to his long-term situation.”​

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...mer-with-gareth-bale-lined-up-as-replacement/

I can't understate how big of a grain of salt to take this with since it's from The Sun:

The former Everton striker is attracting interested from China where teams are willing to pay huge money to sign him.

The Toffees are also interested in taking him back, but United would have to slash their asking price for that to happen.

The MLS is thought to be Rooney’s desired next destination with LA Galaxy, Orlando City, and New York City FC all interested.

The United source added: “Unless he starts scoring 30 goals a season again, then his huge wages are bringing a sharper focus to his long-term situation.”​

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...mer-with-gareth-bale-lined-up-as-replacement/

Wayne Rooney to NYCFC? I'll believe it when CFG is funded by anything besides oil.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Torres would be a difficult fit. Villa can't play LW we've found. Maybe a 4-3-1-2 with Harrison as the CAM and Torres/Villa up top? Or McNamara as the CAM?

I wouldn't write off Villa at LW. Still seems like a pretty good fit there to me, provided we bring in an even better striker that pushes him over.
Especially with Matarrita at LB. Ultimately it would be kind of like Villa is more of a Left Striker than a true Left Winger. Mata would provide the overlapping runs and the width in the attacking third.

Reactions: Ulrich
Here is my question. As of last season NYCFC is operating at a loss (that may have changed since then). Are we 100% sure we will remain the LA Galaxy of the East in terms of spending?

Guys, what the fucking fuck nugget is going on with this Rooney love in? You trollblowers take that shit to off-topic.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Remember we are part of the City football group, and they are getting most of their revenue from Man City, so they don't really care as much about our operating loss in the first year.

Remember we are part of the City football group, and they are getting most of their revenue from Man City, so they don't really care as much about our operating loss in the first year.

They actually don't give two shits about our operating losses for rather longer than that. A strong part of the reason we exist, with the current ownership group, is to help Manchester City avoid financial fair play rules.

While I'm basically taking a wild ass guess, I would wager that a fair proportion of ManCity's scouts are technically employed by the NYCFC corporate structure. I'd imagine some analysts/accountants ectera are actually paid by us. Basically take anyone that can be reasonably paid by us and still contribute to work in the uk and give them a nice lateral move in the corporate ladder.

I can see $2mm to $3mm worth of operating expenses, that could be shuffled off, that even a forensic accountant couldn't screw you over on, as long as everyone sticks to the party line.

But this is really just icing on the fact that CFG just grabbed themselves a relegation proof team in the fastest growing league in the world, a league that also happens to have the highest overall potential in the world.

We are a long term strategic investment.

Additionally we are a sellable asset on the off chance that the crazies take over the UAE. Think Roman Abromovitch and Chelsea, half the reason Abromovitch owns Chelsea is to buy protection from interesting Russian politics. And if that fails, then Abromovitch has a sellable asset that lets him stay a billionaire after fleeing Russia.

It's actually quite fascinating how much royal oil money has flowed out of the gulf for that exact purpose. Everyone with a brain saw just what happened to the Shah and then promptly begain buying insurance, aka properties and assets, in the west in case something happens.