Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

I'd be really shocked if Ronaldo came to NY. He seems to need good weather. I think Miami and LA are the only safe bets. Perhaps Atlanta...

Some interesting bits I've culled from the web:

Brek Shea and Juan Agudelo were at NYRB game. Doesn't necessarily mean they're talking to NYRB, but MLS HQ is in NY so it might just be to catch a game. We'll see.

The managing editor of MLSsoccer.com tweeted an interesting tweet after Rea Madrid won CL. He said " This is the first domino to fall to get CR7 to MLS. Not tomorrow, not next season. But remember today." Now he swears he has no inside info but he seems pretty confident.

Some interesting bits I've culled from the web:

Brek Shea and Juan Agudelo were at NYRB game. Doesn't necessarily mean they're talking to NYRB, but MLS HQ is in NY so it might just be to catch a game. We'll see.

The managing editor of MLSsoccer.com tweeted an interesting tweet after Rea Madrid won CL. He said " This is the first domino to fall to get CR7 to MLS. Not tomorrow, not next season. But remember today." Now he swears he has no inside info but he seems pretty confident.

Because Florentino Perez and Sheikh Mansour are old friends perhaps?.. They are actually, it goes back a decade or so and they visit each other now and then.

sheikh-mansour-florentino-445239.jpg

Their visits tend to start stupid rumours though.. :D

"Real Madrid wishes to inform: that Real Madrid president Mr. Florentino Perez has had a great friendship for many years with His Highness, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan," read a statement on the club's website.
"And that the so-called interest and the existence of any offer to acquire Real Madrid are false.
"His Highness has always shown tremendous respect for the club and understands that Real Madrid belongs to its members."

Because Florentino Perez and Sheikh Mansour are old friends perhaps?.. They are actually, it goes back a decade or so and they visit each other now and then.

sheikh-mansour-florentino-445239.jpg

Their visits tend to start stupid rumours though.. :D

"Real Madrid wishes to inform: that Real Madrid president Mr. Florentino Perez has had a great friendship for many years with His Highness, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan," read a statement on the club's website.
"And that the so-called interest and the existence of any offer to acquire Real Madrid are false.
"His Highness has always shown tremendous respect for the club and understands that Real Madrid belongs to its members."
Wow that's doubly interesting.

He didn't give that as a reason. He said the satisfaction of winning that trophy will start to detach Ronaldo from Real.

Wow that's doubly interesting.

He didn't give that as a reason. He said the satisfaction of winning that trophy will start to detach Ronaldo from Real.

Well, yes.. It was one of his big goals of course.
But I got no idea if it will make him more willing to leave really

With Villa preemptively in the fold, who should/will be our next target?

The Xavi rumors persist as a target, which would be awesome, but I think I'd prefer Mix. He's younger and could be a long term core player, and his status as a USMNT player could elevate his name in the public consciousness if he does something during the World Cup.

Mix (DP), Demichelis (DP), and grab Beckerman under the cap. That's a strong inaugural team up the middle.

Admittedly i haven't gone through this entire thread, but Lescott is a free agent, any thoughts on him playing on the back line?

With Villa preemptively in the fold, who should/will be our next target?

The Xavi rumors persist as a target, which would be awesome, but I think I'd prefer Mix. He's younger and could be a long term core player, and his status as a USMNT player could elevate his name in the public consciousness if he does something during the World Cup.

Mix (DP), Demichelis (DP), and grab Beckerman under the cap. That's a strong inaugural team up the middle.
I like the idea of Mix, but not if he is coming as a DP. Also, how on earth would NYCFC 'grab Beckerman?' Real Salt Lake isn't going to give him up.

Just read this thread for the very first time, and some of you need to give your head a serious wobble. Nasri? Torres? Zlatan? Hmm ...

You will get 3 or 4 Academy/EDS lads who will come on a rotating basis, you will also likely get Demichelis (his son is learning English, and he is doing his best to, even though his contract ends in one year). Barry's contract ends this summer, he is no longer of any concern to City, unless some sort of deal has been struck whereby he will go to NYCFC initially as a non-playing player, but I can't see that happening.

NYCFC will try and make a name signing, as this will only add to their exposure in the media, and with fans alike. But it won't be a name that will send reverberations around the World. Lampard would be a good choice, but that's whether he would be up for it. It's that sort of name-signing NYCFC will get; out of their prime, but recognisable to a certain extent for what they have done in their past.

As said only 8 foreigners, so everyone else will be from the MLS league or up-and-coming youth in the surrounding area. Perhaps this is where that 8 borough thing may come in handy.
I think you underestimate us.....

NY Post might have jumped the gun perhaps.. They say that he have agreed to sign a deal

One thing we have to consider is that we may not be able to use all three DP spots for star players as we may need one of the spots to cover the salary of one of the academy players MCFC wants to send over in order to stay under the cap.

the other thing for Mix or Jozy is that there is a limit on international players and giving them a spot would bring attention + help ease that requirement.