Frank Lampard Countdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised he hasn't been asked yet as to when he plans on coming to NY full time and training with the team

so how many days does he have off? I feel he should at least be training with team for at least a couple of weeks before he plays no?

"Sources tell EoS Lampard will arrive in New York by the end of June, following a two-three week vacation and honeymoon. From there, he will train with the club for his mid-summer debut, which will likely come after NYCFC face Toronto FC at Yankee Stadium. That time frame means the former Chelsea legend will either debut on the road against New England on July 18th or at Yankee Stadium on July 26th against Orlando City SC — one year and two days after his announced NYCFC signing on July 24th, 2014."
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/lampard-debut-nycfc-35393/

I know some folks here don't like Empire Of Soccer , but I think if he and the club expected hime to be available July 12 they might have said so by now.

I think there's a good chance LA will see Gerrard before we see Lampard. I will be happily surprised if Lampard is on the roster July 12.

Reactions: Dave Martinez
I know some folks here don't like Empire Of Soccer ...

Blasphemy! ;)

I say it all the time -- and mean it -- nothing but love ... and to the NYCFC fans that know me, you know I mean that.

As to the Lampard story, pretty solid source on that. He didn't receive as much playing time as expected at MCFC, is getting married, is hoping for a stress free honeymoon. He and Gerrard on totally different paths as they end their Prem careers. Once he is here, however, Villa will be his biggest fan. Mix has fallen well short of being the combination player Villa needs on offense. Lampard will have no issue there.

Now how about a DP CB? Or a solid, breakout midfield winger? #OneThingAtATime

3/8/15 - 5/28/15 = -81 days and counting

(I'm just kidding, looking forward to his arrival we can use all the help we can get)

Blasphemy! ;)

I say it all the time -- and mean it -- nothing but love ... and to the NYCFC fans that know me, you know I mean that.

As to the Lampard story, pretty solid source on that. He didn't receive as much playing time as expected at MCFC, is getting married, is hoping for a stress free honeymoon. He and Gerrard on totally different paths as they end their Prem careers. Once he is here, however, Villa will be his biggest fan. Mix has fallen well short of being the combination player Villa needs on offense. Lampard will have no issue there.

Now how about a DP CB? Or a solid, breakout midfield winger? #OneThingAtATime
Mix hasn't fallen short of anything offensively. He's been playing as a false DM, can't blame him for NYCFC's offensive woes.

Last edited:
Mix has fallen short of anything offensively. He's been playing as a false DM, can't blame him for NYCFC's offensive woes.
He's the only one that can make any kind of decent pass, that doesn't get the recipient killed, from the center of the pitch. But just like for the national team, you don't get the spectacular stuff he is capable of if you are wasting him back there.

Mix hasn't fallen short of anything offensively. He's been playing as a false DM, can't blame him for NYCFC's offensive woes.

My battle with "What Does Mix Do?" extends well past his time in NYCFC. I really struggle with that. He has been used out wide, up high, on the right flank -- I just have no idea what Mix is supposed to be.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Status
Not open for further replies.