Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I am a relatively new fan to the sport and wanted to ask a question about this whole Lampard situation. Not taking into account the off the field variables (perception around the sport, relationship with MCFC, etc.), what are the issues with him extending at City? Again strictly from an on-the-field point of view.

Hey guys. I am a relatively new fan to the sport and wanted to ask a question about this whole Lampard situation. Not taking into account the off the field variables (perception around the sport, relationship with MCFC, etc.), what are the issues with him extending at City? Again strictly from an on-the-field point of view.

We lose one of our best players for the beginning of the season because he's playing with another team. Not for our owners, nor for our "sister club", for another entirely different team playing in a different league.

People are annoyed because he is one of our highly paid players and he might miss the 1st 3 months of the season to sit on the bench in Manchester while giving the image that we are a minor league club. New Yorkers or North American fans who aren't fans of Manchester City want him here because he sign with this team not Manchester, and we care more about winning in America and building a successful team in the us over what happens in England where a lot of us have no ties to.

We lose one of our best players for the beginning of the season because he's playing with another team. Not for our owners, nor for our "sister club", for another entirely different team playing in a different league.

I don't want to get into an argument but he is playing for the same owners and your sister club!

The clue is in 'sister club' as in my opinion Manchester City, New York City and Melbourne City are sister clubs with their own identity, and I hope all of them are successful!!

People are annoyed because he is one of our highly paid players and he might miss the 1st 3 months of the season to sit on the bench in Manchester while giving the image that we are a minor league club. New Yorkers or North American fans who aren't fans of Manchester City want him here because he sign with this team not Manchester, and we care more about winning in America and building a successful team in the us over what happens in England where a lot of us have no ties to.

The trouble is it is all rumour at the moment, and I can tell you guys that the media over here like to be sensationalist when reporting even if there is no truth in it.

I would say just relax and let things run their course as I still believe Lampard will be there from the beginning with you. Of course I am not always right :)

Reactions: Goodfella
The trouble is it is all rumour at the moment, and I can tell you guys that the media over here like to be sensationalist when reporting even if there is no truth in it.

I would say just relax and let things run their course as I still believe Lampard will be there from the beginning with you. Of course I am not always right :)
Yes it and as of late the American soccer blog aren't helping the mater. They are saying it as fact as of late

Reactions: Kjbert
OK that's makes more sense why I wasn't really understanding what the major on field issue was. I thought I had originally read that he would stay in England and miss training camp with NYC, then report for start of season. Missing first 3 months of regular season is a totally different issue.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Yes it and as of late the American soccer blog aren't helping the mater. They are saying it as fact as of late

Well if people want to get noticed then they need to write something to attract people's attention.

As I said I have no idea what is true or not but I am inclined to believe he would want to be there for the first game in the MLS. Maybe he will stay a few extra weeks but I think the important thing is that he is there for the start and I hope he is.

OK that's makes more sense why I wasn't really understanding what the major on field issue was. I thought I had originally read that he would stay in England and miss training camp with NYC, then report for start of season. Missing first 3 months of regular season is a totally different issue.

He could return to NYC on January 1st. He could have his loan extended a month. He could stay until the end of the PL season, in mid-May. The rumours are countless, and no-one really knows what is going to happen. It's not a black-and-white issue, it's a very grey topic.

Reactions: Kjbert
Forza Roma
Don't worry. City's time in CL is done after next week.
Francesco-Totti-made-a-th-001.jpg

:):):)
And without Aguero, Without Yaya, Without Kompany, and keeping this on track........... WITHOUT LAMPARD

You will see Lamps before MLS starts

For those who actively rooted against MCFC how are you feeling now that we won without Lampard even playing a minute? We didn't start with Silva or Toure so shouldn't Lamps have started? Oh right he doesn't play the same position that they do despite what Arlo White said.

I can't see any reason Lampard isn't our day one starting mid.

Christian, I know we are happy at tonights win, and we agree on most points, but on this issue for the moment I think our point is made.... lets not push it and lets get back to the NYCFC debates,

The usual suspects have not come back with any smart ass comments, so lets not push it at least until they do

Reactions: Christian
Christian, I know we are happy at tonights win, and we agree on most points, but on this issue for the moment I think our point is made.... lets not push it and lets get back to the NYCFC debates,

The usual suspects have not come back with any smart ass comments, so lets not push it at least until they do
Agreed 100 percent but you know as well as I do they'd be here as loud as ever if things went differently. Congrats on the victory tonight. CTID

Reactions: Bluemoon and MrE
Status
Not open for further replies.